tips for job interviews *** UPDATE Again...... 9/16/.... Now.. 9/17/

Advice for a interview? That is a tough one, I don't think any advice works for all companies. My latest job required a formal interview in front of a board with background checks, whiz quiz, resume pedigree etc. Then it took 12 weeks for the HR department to send me the official notice that I was hired.
My first job out of the Military involved a phone call, when I said what my military job was, they asked " can you be there Monday?". When I said yes, they said "You're hired". Darn if that job didn't pay better then my current one. Deregulation killed my first job, otherwise I'd still be a Migrant Nuclear Worker.

Quote:
you know, I think there's still a few of those scattered around some job boards... If not nuclear other power plants for sure.

Quote:
Good for him - see I told you. Corporate America still requires suit and tie for men for interviews. I work as a corporate trainer and I travel all over the world training employees at their company and I still see, 99% of the time, suit and ties being worn. Some places have "Casual Friday" but other than that, suit and tie is the norm.

Heck, I went to one company, wearing a nice pants suit, only to be told they don't allow women to wear pants - now I thought that had died out long ago but goes to show - some companies still require formal attire. Actually the shame was on me because I always wear a woman's suit (skirt/jacket) and that was one of the only times I wore a suit with pants - it was also the last time I wore pants to a corporation because I was so uncomfortable all day long knowing everyone was looking at me. They were paying me big bucks to be there as a trainer/speaker and I felt like I was naked.

Round 2 begins... he's off to the other interview.
th.gif

Hooray!!!
fl.gif
So hoping for the best!

caf.gif
Waiting on my hubby's call back this week too.

Interviews are hard... but getting a second one should be clear sailing.
thumbsup.gif

Thanks so much for the insight on interviewing. I have one tomorrow myself, and you have answered questions for me I usually give not so great answers to (the 5 year one is good...)

Good luck chickenzoo, I know your hubby will be great!

Back
Top Bottom