tips for showmanship at the Ohio Nationals

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Gracie697, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Gracie697

Gracie697 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2010
    I was planning on doing showmanship (ages15-18) at the Ohio National show this November, and was wondering if anyone has seen or done it before? Like what to wear specifically, and anything special I need to know. I won senior showmanship in 4h this year, so I know what to expect as far as questions go [​IMG]

2. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    Did you get the show program because it should state on what to wear? Also just make sure your chicken is fit really well. Good Luck!

3. Gracie697

Mar 25, 2010
    No, I didn't get that...how would I?

4. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    It should be on the website, i looked and it just said the age breakdowns. So you should wear a White Shirt with Black Pants or Skirt. Also if you are showing your birds in the breed showing then bring another bird for showmanship, because if your in the middle of showing and your bird isn't in it's cage it won't be judged.

5. Gracie697

Mar 25, 2010
    Yeah I founda pic on their website from 2009 with most kids just wearing a white jacket, so thats probably what I'll do. Also, one last question: do you know if they will ask for the bird walk?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by