Tips for taking ducklings to school

Crazy Duck Lover

Songster
Mar 21, 2021
Southern United States 🇺🇸
Hey y’all! I know y’all have probably seen a million threads posted by me by now but any little think worries me about my ducklings!

I was asked by one of our Ag Teachers at our middle school in my town if I could bring a couple of my ducklings up to the school for the day. 7:00am to 3:15pm. I told her yes, but now i’m wondering if that’s a good idea or not.

I’ll be able to check on them throughout the day, but I guess I was wondering if there’s anything extra I need to do to make sure they stay safe? Do I need to some how boots their immune system or anything? I’ll be taking three out of my nine.

Edit: They’ll be four weeks old. I’m taking a welsh harlequin, cayuga, and rouen

Last edited:
where will they be staying all day? my ducks always have to be with people at all times when we aren’t home or they get extremely stressed out. if they are with people (me specifically, idk if yours are imprinted tho) they are perfectly fine though

where will they be staying all day? my ducks always have to be with people at all times when we aren’t home or they get extremely stressed out. if they are with people (me specifically, idk if yours are imprinted tho) they are perfectly fine though
They will be staying in her classroom. There will be plenty of students plus her with them during the day, and i’ll check on them too! I shouldn’t have to take a heat lamp correct? I read on here that once they’re four weeks old there temp requirement is 70-75 degrees

Back
Top Bottom