Tips on Bonding with a Pigeon?

KasaraWolf

Chirping
9 Years
May 26, 2013
Okay guys!

So, on Saturday, I picked up this little guy from an awesome person who messaged me on craigslist~

He's a purebred, male Racing Homer that I have named Cas (Castiel is his full name. His mother was a apparently a champion) He just started eating solid food on Thursday, and he still has baby fuzzies in his feathers here and there. He also doesn't know how to fly yet and just flaps his wings furiously when he's out.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to make him more tame? He is still skiddish and afraid of me after 3 days, I would leave his cage open and I would lay in front of it and he will come out and explore, but he definitely tries his best not to get close to me xD

Hand feed him sunflower hearts and shell peanuts for treat. My white homers come to me on command when I call them. (Homers are know for being aloof.) It takes patience I might add. I have one that looks similar He has not fully fledged yet so I could be out of whack.

Last edited:
I just found out today the my little pigeon HATES sunflower hearts XDDDD He's a strange little guy.

I will have to try that as well!
lol.png
I hope he likes them ^_^

Aloha every one I give my white rock doves boiled soy bean omg they love those like when you first give it to them introduce it by breaking it up then sooner or later they can eat it whole I.only use that for a treat and my birds follow me all of with those

What I had on hand was frozen corn and peas. All I did was put about a hand full in a cup fill it with hot water then put it in the microwave till there soft. Drain the hot water and rinse them in cold water and there ready to feed.

Back
Top Bottom