Tips On Selling Eggs By The Road

My grandma lives on a gravel side road and can’t keep up with the demand for eggs.

Use a piece of white painted plywood. Make your wording bright. “farm fresh eggs for sale $2 a doz...(maybe even a note to text your phone #)

If you are on a quiet side road, put a sign on the closest busy road, by the stop sign.

Also try selling at farm markets, at local co-ops etc. Put a sign on the cork board at work. Once people start eating them you will have hooked customers

Hey guys, last week I painted the stand white and added signs on the mailbox and also made a paper with bullet points and photos of the hens... it worked!! I've sold over 10 dozen since, 5 dozen just today, I had 2 people here at once :) I just want to say thank you to everybody this is the best chicken forum out there!!!!
IMG_1054.jpg

Hey guys, last week I painted the stand white and added signs on the mailbox and also made a paper with bullet points and photos of the hens... it worked!! I've sold over 10 dozen since, 5 dozen just today, I had 2 people here at once :) I just want to say thank you to everybody this is the best chicken forum out there!!!!View attachment 2616893
Way to go! Good job!

Hey guys, last week I painted the stand white and added signs on the mailbox and also made a paper with bullet points and photos of the hens... it worked!! I've sold over 10 dozen since, 5 dozen just today, I had 2 people here at once :) I just want to say thank you to everybody this is the best chicken forum out there!!!!View attachment 2616893
Glad to see this! Thanks for the update

We donate several dozen to our church a week, eat a couple dozen more, and my wife has a call list of probably 8-10 names for the other 5 dozen or so beyond that. All from word of mouth. They go on a rotation- she calls in order and when the eggs run out, the last name that didn't get eggs is first called for the next batch. She gets $3/dozen if they return a carton or $3.50 without a return carton. It pays for the feed and she really has fun with it.

Our flock is mixed and the egg cartons look like boxes of jewels.
IMG_20210329_092017602.jpg
IMG_20210402_140532723_HDR.jpg

We're in central Texas.

Back
Top Bottom