Tips On Selling Eggs By The Road

Pics
Here ya go. I know its awful.
At First glance I actually thought it said $200 and not $2.00 and this is how some people look when they are driving, it's just a quick glance. So maybe if you can change your signage. You could also say farm fresh eggs daily. I dunno just a suggestion. I hope whatever you do it try works.

Really great to know that you have sold some already. What a joy!
I would suggest to use bright yellow or golden paint for letters on black background. Dark reddish letters on black background don't stand out that much.
Secondly, Don't sell the product (eggs), sell something else @$1(Large size sign) to attract them to stop by and raise your eggs prices (to give them a choice of may be two ranges $4 and $6 one to start with ). Make small packs of everything you have on farm - like $1 pack of feathers, A $2 feather tiara etc.
Or better put a Sign FREE FARM TOUR if you've time and may be leave a rooster in a big cage (secured) for attraction and a sign " If you wanna hold the rooster or chicks Just give me a ring" and take them on a free farm tour with more things to sell once they are there.
You never know what works, I can keep on writing when it comes to marketing :yesss:

I didn't read through all of the replies, and I know this is already an older thread, but I recently posted in my town's Facebook page. I specified a meeting location, stated what day and time I'd be there, and how many eggs I had available. I had each person who requested eggs PM me, took down their name and how many eggs they wanted, and sold 10 dozen in less than 30 minutes. The location was less than five minutes from my house! Maybe you could do something like that? Of those people, one asked to be a regular customer with first dibs on egg choices!

I'm finding it extremely difficult to sell eggs right now too, and I've invested alot of time and money in this "business." Ive gotten comments like, "Who would pay $3 for a dozen of eggs when they can get them for 88 cents at walmart." There's also alot more of the country recieving foodstamps with the pandemic, so they can essentially get them for free at grocery stores. Or people are just absent or struggling in general with this Covid crap. Whatever the case, this small business owner is sure struggling herself.

I'm finding it extremely difficult to sell eggs right now too, and I've invested alot of time and money in this "business." Ive gotten comments like, "Who would pay $3 for a dozen of eggs when they can get them for 88 cents at walmart." There's also alot more of the country recieving foodstamps with the pandemic, so they can essentially get them for free at grocery stores. Or people are just absent or struggling in general with this Covid crap. Whatever the case, this small business owner is sure struggling herself.
I get flack for selling my eggs at *only* $2 when I should be selling for more. But I'm the one who struggles to justify charging more when Aldi sells them for as low as $0.69 sometimes! My eggs are definitely work more. $2 hardly covers the summer feed costs. It doesn't even touch the winter feed costs. The backyard chicken keeper just can't compete with the commercial industry.

I'm glad to have read all these ideas, I'm about to put out a sign and egg selling box myself. One thing I'm considering here, we have a local non-profit that keeps a public listing of farmstands in the area. I might try getting listed there. People visiting the area on the weekend will often check the list for places near where they are staying, etc.

I get flack for selling my eggs at *only* $2 when I should be selling for more. But I'm the one who struggles to justify charging more when Aldi sells them for as low as $0.69 sometimes! My eggs are definitely work more. $2 hardly covers the summer feed costs. It doesn't even touch the winter feed costs. The backyard chicken keeper just can't compete with the commercial industry.
Right! My chickens were expensive, and so is their feed an upkeep. Alot of love and work go into them to insure the best health and nutrition. I debated on raising my price from $2 to $3, but i needed to compensate for the custom cartons i use too. As you can see from my profile picture, i have a rainbow assortment of egg colors, which are much more appealing than the plain ol store bought generic white eggs. Not to mention mine are antibotic, disinfectants, & growth hormone free. The industrial chicken farming industry in no way, shape, or form can compare to local fresh organic eggs. But to each their own i suppose.

Back
Top Bottom