Tired of sharing

LOL....they get a bath and a dye job! All for free....WOOHOO :lau. I use electronic (battery) traps, sticky pads and poison. We've also invited friends over (twice) for shooting with our 22's and sling shots, lol. I watched a YouTube video of some guys hired to get rid of mice at a dairy. Like 120 the first night. Just get your target on them and pull the trigger. My one friend is an incredible shot with a sling shot...somethin I'd love to learn. I sure hope you get'em
I have the traditional traps just afraid the birds will get on it so I wanted to try the safe way

I can't wait to hear if you catch anyone. My friend tried that and she never caught any. @beaks, what are you hanging with? I tried that and mice were running down the rope to the feeder.
I put eye bolt in roof supports and joined a chain down and hung the feeder on the chain. No mice can get to feed

Well I think A possum or A raccoon came and licked all the peanut butter off during the night so I'll have to put it where they can't get tonight and try again

We've used varies bucket and barrel traps for rats and mice without out much luck. Many many times they have cleaned the peanut butter off without falling in. When we did the grain floating on water only a few fell for it.
I love the idea but it just hardly worked for us. They breed way faster then we could ever trap them.
Our best luck was a barrel trap that wasn't even intended as a trap. We have one of those 55 gallon plastic barrels we store feed in when it gets low on feed I leave the top off and they jump in and can't jump out.
It seems it works the best when we get decent rain that night. Funny once we add water or a spinner or a tilting platform they want nothing to do with it.

We've used varies bucket and barrel traps for rats and mice without out much luck. Many many times they have cleaned the peanut butter off without falling in. When we did the grain floating on water only a few fell for it.
I love the idea but it just hardly worked for us. They breed way faster then we could ever trap them.
Our best luck was a barrel trap that wasn't even intended as a trap. We have one of those 55 gallon plastic barrels we store feed in when it gets low on feed I leave the top off and they jump in and can't jump out.
It seems it works the best when we get decent rain that night. Funny once we add water or a spinner or a tilting platform they want nothing to do with it.
Okay, I literally just read your post and thought "why in the world have I never thought of that"!!!!!! Here I get mad at them for gettin into stuff but if I can figure a way to make it so they get in and never come out. You, Moonshiner, are a GENIUS!!! :bow I'll just tell everybody passin the farm that they're rain barrels :lau...

What about a nice kitty-cat?

Wouldn't work for me. Where my rodent issue is is where I raise chicks in grow out pens.. I don't trust cats around chicks. My neighbor raises feral cats. We used to have an issue with them constantly. Know two of our dogs will eat cats on sight.
Is rather lose feed to rodents then chicks to cats or cats to dogs.

I used to have purebred Bengals. They were the ultimate mousers. I think they could kill as many mice in a day that others we've had killed in a week.
Highly recommend them as barn cats.

Right wont work around chicks I gotcha! Smart rodents! Can the rodents get through hardware cloth?
No, but if you don't cover a dirt pad with the hardware cloth they will dig up holes through the dirt (ask me how I know) and if you don't cover the entire chain link on the dog kennel they'll just run up the side till they get to the chain link, go in, eat, drink, party and come back out the same way (ask me how I know). :he

Back
Top Bottom