Tis the Season... for Break Ins :'( UPDATE!! BUSTED!!!!!!!

It is super scary out these days, and I also think it's going to get much much worse.

Ewesheep) Your first post regarding knocking and no one being there scares me, and i'll share why. My gma and gpa lived in a little home in a decent neighborhood. Well my gpa woke up to a tapping noise at like 3am in the morning. Like a knock. He got up, looked out the doors peekhole and could see a shadow and no one there. But the knocking was coming from the window. He looked out the window to see something taped to it, and then when he looked back towards the porch he saw a man standing off to the side holding, out of view of the peekhole, with a bat above his head. Had my gpa opened to the door to investigate the man would have wholloped him one. Instead he called the police. The police didn't catch the guys, but found a bandaid with a penny and a string attached to it. They had taped one sticky end of the bandaid to the window, the other end held the string and a penny, and they sat across the street knocking it on the window. Creepy huh?

Just please be careful, you never know what sick people are out there.

My mom used to work at UPS and she and some co-workers had a temp worker steal their purses right out from under the counter. A couple of drivers saw the worker running out with the purses and chased after her, but she had help. jumped into the car waiting for her and they sped off.
The couple did get caught, but everyone had to close their back accounts, re-key their vehicles and house and a lot of other things.

they figured this woman had been planning it for awhile. funny part is the idiot was caught on the security camera and had left all her info behind on her job application.

I had a new stereo stolen out of my car years ago. i had just gotten home a couple hours before so I know they were not too far behind me. the LEO told me that they had some kids they were trying to bust for car break in's they lived just a couple blocks away. The one print he almost got was smeared. That officer was not happy he really wanted to bust them.
My lesson was write down the serial number on all your stuff.

Hope the LEO bust this guy.

I dont respond to anyone at night knocking. Even my daughter heard them knocking on the front door. If I know I am home alone, I would get on my lap top and get the UTube, get a nasty dog to bark LOLOLOL! Otherwise, they will be confronted with knives, books, even with an over and under rifle we have in the closet.

One time it was some old ladies from a church, wanted to invite us to their church....after 8 at night???!!!! Jeez, ladies, it would be nice to come back during the daytime, not at night THAT late!
smack.gif
I guess they are determined. They went on down to our next door neighbor after we declined their invites.

Quote:
I am the same way! One night, Jamison was out of town and I was in the house by myself. I was doing the dishes (about 2 feet from our front door) and I heard someone start pounding on the door. I turned off the water, just to make sure it wasn't the wind and then the pounding started up again. My heart stopped and I deadbolted the door, ran upstairs, loaded the .44, and sat on the bed staring at the door until Jamison got home a couple hours later.

Turned out it was just the Fedex guy who didn't want to leave my boxes in the rain
lol.png
I felt kinda bad about deadbolting in his face, but hey. Can't be too paranoid in South Sac
roll.png

The door thing is scary, I agree. I was eating dinner with my kids and someone rang the doorbell. I ignored it becuase I don't answer the door if I don't know who it is, and a few seconds later I heard my door handle being tried. I looked at my daughter and asked her if she had heard that, and she said, "yes." Thank God I had the door locked or whomever was out there could have come in!

Back
Top Bottom