Tis the Season... for Break Ins :'( UPDATE!! BUSTED!!!!!!!

ChicknThief

Songster
12 Years
Jan 12, 2008
Nor Cal
So Jamison (SO) and I were at Costco shopping for Thanksgiving last night. We had fun, looking at the gargantuan tubs of mayonaisse and ketchup. We finally checked out and went back to his work truck to go home. As I was walking towards the passenger seat, something on the ground caught my eye. I bent over and realized that it was my glove, covered in glass. Completely disoriented, I looked up at Jamison.... through the shattered truck window.

I, like a complete IDIOT, had left my purse in the truck. And someone decided that they deserved it more than I did. It's a sick, sick feeling knowing that some disgusting scum has gone through my purse, looked at my Drivers License, taken my pills. I had so much of my life in that bag. My car, house, and work keys. My checkbook and credit cards. A picture of my little brother. All of it gone. Because some demented human being couldn't keep his hands to himself. Happy freaking Holidays.

Last edited:
hugs.gif
I'm so sorry this happened to you.
It's not fair when people think they deserve the things that YOU worked for. They need rehab and a job.
Now on a serious note.... did you cancel your cards and call you bank and blah blah blah?

hugs.gif

We had some folks coming checking and knocking on our front door and we would answer it. No one is there. Hubby and I are very suspecious that someone or some gangsters are checking on homes to break in.

They are not going to find anything valuable, that's for sure. Everything in our house is second hand items or hand me downs from relatives. Anything worthy are my family pictures.

Do notify everyone that you have cards with. Not fun finding charges on them.

I work in law enforcement and I'm sorry to say that we see this ALL the time. I can imagine how you must be feeling.
hugs.gif
Check around the outside of the store, in dumpsters, etc and you may find your purse minus the valuables.

Please, fellow BYC friends, don't leave valuables in sight. People watch cars pull in so don't think you're being sneaky by hiding the purse under the seat. They watch for that, or to see if you leave your car without your purse. If you're shopping, lock packages in the trunk before you leave the parking lot for the next stop. NEVER leave your purse in the shopping cart while you run to the end of the aisle for the can of beans you forgot. I guess just protect your valuables like you would an infant (except for the part about locking them in the trunk!).

Quote:
Robin they dont know that and if they remotly think that you have something that they might be able to sell for a crack rock they will. We just had a murder in our neighborhood this last weekend. Someone broke into an 80 some year old mans house and killed him. My neighborhood is an old neighborhood where people have lived for generations. We usually dont have any problems around here but this is way to close to home for comfort. I am afraid with the economy the way it is its only gonna get worse. Thats why I am getting my FOID card and a rifle.

Back
Top Bottom