Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

I won't add any water to channel B then, I have had problems with humidity with the mini7 for Februarys hatch that's why I got a new incubator and to have more room.

I agree, just stick to channel A for the first 18 days. It's humid where I live too, I'm just inland of Savannah Georgia and it's a sauna in the summer, lol. I do usually have my central air running which dries out the air in my house a lot though. I have two Nurture Right 360s and oddly enough even verifying it against a secondary hygrometer the humidity usually runs around 45% in one incubator and 50% in the other by filling channel A. I've had 100% hatches out of both of them though and the fan runs quite high. I do the same in my IncuView, it usually runs about 45% for the first 18 days just filling the outer water ring. It's been a little while since I used one of my styrofoam incubators but in the same exact room as the other incubators I do run the humidity lower, I would say about an average of 10% lower. I do increase humidity to about 65% for hatch regardless of the incubator and I personally have had great results with this. I think you'll find that the NR360 offers a much better hatching experience than your last incubator. Good luck!!

I agree, just stick to channel A for the first 18 days. It's humid where I live too, I'm just inland of Savannah Georgia and it's a sauna in the summer, lol. I do usually have my central air running which dries out the air in my house a lot though. I have two Nurture Right 360s and oddly enough even verifying it against a secondary hygrometer the humidity usually runs around 45% in one incubator and 50% in the other by filling channel A. I've had 100% hatches out of both of them though and the fan runs quite high. I do the same in my IncuView, it usually runs about 45% for the first 18 days just filling the outer water ring. It's been a little while since I used one of my styrofoam incubators but in the same exact room as the other incubators I do run the humidity lower, I would say about an average of 10% lower. I do increase humidity to about 65% for hatch regardless of the incubator and I personally have had great results with this. I think you'll find that the NR360 offers a much better hatching experience than your last incubator. Good luck!!
Good point! Both of my incubators are Styrofoam. The weights are showing perfect weight loss% so far. I just had issues with temp fluctuating since the cold front moved through.

What would the heat be, generated from an egg close to hatch? My thermometers are all around 37,5 in the incubator right now, but the check-up is at 37,8. I was wondering why since he usually gives the same reading as the others. But now I see it is touching one of the eggs. Is the egg generating the extra heat?

Back
Top Bottom