Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

Ok another question... should I slip the 2 chicks that are in the bator out? So they don’t mess with the baby while I have the air cell open? What if the two others hatch overnight?

Edit for spelling
If they're getting feisty, and you have two more that could still be coming, yeah, I'd take them out. Less chaos is probably better.

Ok another question... should I slip the 2 chicks that are in the bator out? So they don’t mess with the baby while I have the air cell open? What if the two others hatch overnight?

Edit for spelling

Yes, I would move any dry peck happy babies to the brooder before starting an assist. Keep the room dark if you feel you need to leave the baby to finish up and others might hatch and put the chick next to the side of the incubator so it's less likely to get rolled. They won't peck at each other in the dark.

Yes, I would move any dry peck happy babies to the brooder before starting an assist. Keep the room dark if you feel you need to leave the baby to finish up and others might hatch and put the chick next to the side of the incubator so it's less likely to get rolled. They won't peck at each other in the dark.

Ok perfect thank you so much. About to go investigate.

Back
Top Bottom