Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

I caught one hatching so I was going to enter it in the hatching contest but now I see it has to be in the incubator to count. I can't get pics in my incubator. I'll just share my pics with you all.
20200313_084330.jpg
20200313_084459.jpg

I caught one hatching so I was going to enter it in the hatching contest but now I see it has to be in the incubator to count. I can't get pics in my incubator. I'll just share my pics with you all.View attachment 2050500View attachment 2050499

Does it have to be in the incubator? I think some of them are outside with broody hens so it should be ok! Great shots!

I just learned a lesson about myself, lol. Last night I was fretting over the side pipped Sebright egg that I had performed a tiny assist on, worried about the eggs that didn't seem to be doing anything, discouraged that the Birchen pip was still minimal, and that the other Birchen egg had done nothing yet.

This morning I found that the Sebright had hatched, the pipped Birchen egg was zipping, and the other one had pipped. The Ameraucana had hatched, as well as an EE that had shown no pip before I went to bed.

Note to self: the world does continue to turn when I leave things alone and get some sleep, lol.

Here is a pic of the first 5, all fluffed out in the brooder. Upper left is the frizzle OE, the other dark one is an EE, the other 3 are the Ameraucana chicks.
20200313_090314.jpg

Last edited:
I just learned a lesson about myself, lol. Last night I was fretting over the side pipped Sebright egg that I had performed a tiny assist on, worried about the eggs that didn't seem to be doing anything, discouraged that the Birchen pip was still minimal, and that the other Birchen egg had done nothing yet.

This morning I found that the Sebright had hatched, the pipped Birchen egg was zipping, and the other one had pipped. The Ameraucana had hatched, as well as an EE that had shown no pip before I went to bed.

Note to self: the world does continue to turn when I leave things alone and get some sleep, lol.

Here is a pic of the first 5, all fluffed out in the brooder. Upper left is the frizzle OE, the other dark on is an EE, the other 3 are the Ameraucana chicks.
View attachment 2050520
What kind of sebright?

Back
Top Bottom