Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

Yup! Was it indeed side-pipped, and not into the aircell then?
Feel free to just let that sucker sit til tomorrow.

Yes I think it’s a side pipper. I didn’t see any break in the air cell but I didn’t open it very far. I don’t plan on messing with it again tonight aside from a quick application of the ointment before I go to bed.

No worries! I just did this with mine as well and she was ready about an hour later and finished up herself. Sometimes we look just for peace of mind.

Yes totally. It’s because I reallllly want the lone olive egger to make it and I’m slightly traumatized from the events that took place earlier this week I just had to make sure lol

I'm down to two more Olive Egger chicks to hatch but I think I'll be going to bed before they make an appearance. We'll see what the morning holds! :jumpy :jumpy

2 Blue, 2 Splash, and 4 Black chicks so far! Pretty exciting because I wasn't expecting anything other than black chicks to hatch! :celebrate

Yes totally. It’s because I reallllly want the lone olive egger to make it and I’m slightly traumatized from the events that took place earlier this week I just had to make sure lol
I hear you. I did the same with my lone BBS marans, for the same reason. Some of them you're just a wee bit more invested in....

8 Deathlayers left. #7 was a quitter. Everyone else looks alive and moving. The 5 Spitzhaubens eggs were moved to the emu incubator, they’re not due to hatch for another 6 days. I think 🤔

Tomorrow is day 20! Should have some little tinies hatching 🤗

Starting to have a bad feeling with the emus. Negative Nancy over here started thinking that none are alive and it will be a wasted effort 🥺

03E0BBA9-EB89-475E-860E-F948D7913F67.jpeg

Last edited:
I have 14 shipped eggs on day 4 today. I let them rest for 3 days before putting them in the incubator. I candled a handful of them today, they’re developing but look like they have “jiggly” air cells. Are they doomed? ☹

I have 5 Silver Spitzhaubens shipped eggs hatching next week. Their air cells are BAD. This can be a test to see if they can make it with such wonky air cells? So far they're alive and well on day 15.

Basically what I’m saying is there may be a good chance yours will be ok.

Back
Top Bottom