Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

Pics
First batch of eggs arrived yesterday.. setting this evening. Next batch will arrive later this week being shipped Monday. First time doing a staggered hatch. Any suggestions

This is my first staggered hatch too and I bought a second incubator to act as a hatcher so that I don’t stress about it haha. I’m sure others will have more tips about a staggered hatch in the same incubator.

First batch of eggs arrived yesterday.. setting this evening. Next batch will arrive later this week being shipped Monday. First time doing a staggered hatch. Any suggestions

I did the same as well. I have multiple incubators to make my life easier with staggered hatches so others will probably have much better advice but when doing a staggered hatch in the same incubator it's usually just a matter of removing them all from the auto turner when your first batch needs to go on lockdown and hand turning the others until hatch day.

I did the same as well. I have multiple incubators to make my life easier with staggered hatches so others will probably have much better advice but when doing a staggered hatch in the same incubator it's usually just a matter of removing them all from the auto turner when your first batch needs to go on lockdown and hand turning the others until hatch day.
Thanks they will be within 4 to five days apart.. I dont think that will cause to much of an issue.

Thanks they will be within 4 to five days apart.. I dont think that will cause to much of an issue.

Nope, it shouldn't cause any issues as far as turning but it can be stinky. I know someone mentioned being able to wipe out the incubator quickly before putting the later hatchers back in. You may want to consider using some no-skid shelf liner as well. This will give the chicks plenty of traction after hatching but it should also make clean up easier by just switching out the liner. Good luck! I look forward to your updates!

I'm sneaking a little project into an incubator at the moment. My friend may have a sterile rooster. We attempted to incubate eggs under her broody hen twice with zero development, but when we cracked at least a dozen eggs that weren't under the broody I was sure that it looked like more than half were fertilized. So now, just to make sure it's the roo and not the broody I put 10 of her eggs into my IncuView to check for viability in a few days. I would love for this to be a happy accident and all of them be fertilized, hehe.

2-14-20.JPG

Someone cheer me up by telling me how your first incubation attempt was a disaster but you've rebounded because you learned so much from the experience!!! Showed what I thought was extreme patience by not candling my eggs for the first time until tonight which is day 5 heading into day 6. The air cells were disasters on all but 5 and even 2 of those are saddled but I kept in the bator because there was a clearly developing embryo. Zero of the Lemon Pyle Brahma eggs had intact air cells nor any signs of development :he

Not even a week in and I am bracing myself for the learned the hard way about shipped eggs lesson. :hit

Back
Top Bottom