Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

Pics
This is my first time and although part of the reason I’m candling so often is because I’m impatient and want to see how it grows. I also want to get some knowledge and experience doing so that way when I “have” to hatch some eggs I’ll be more experienced versus right now that I’m doing it for fun.

That was my perspective the first couple of times. FOR SCIENCE!

I did candling a lot in the beginning. Now I try to do it every 7 days, but usually I only make it to 5 days between candling.

Today is day 6 for my shipped eggs from Brickhouse Poultry I really really want to candle but want to wait and let them just grow for a while so they can do well and hatch good. Trying super hard to wait until day 10 at the very least. Going to try and only candle this batch once day 10 and once on day 18. Not sure I'll be able to do it lol.

I did candling a lot in the beginning. Now I try to do it every 7 days, but usually I only make it to 5 days between candling.

I don't tend to fuss about checking here or there - I figure, as long as I've got clean hands I'm not treating them any rougher than a broody would. But giving myself calendar-marked days to observe tends to keep me from bothering them too much in between.

I don't tend to fuss about checking here or there - I figure, as long as I've got clean hands I'm not treating them any rougher than a broody would. But giving myself calendar-marked days to observe tends to keep me from bothering them too much in between.

That's why I figured I would only candle twice prevents me from playing with them too much while they are trying to grow lol.

So are emus just bird pets or do they serve other purposes?
They can be used for their meat and oil (used topically not consumed) The oil is the best for things like eczema, reduce scarring and psoriasis. Thats what my parents ones were bred for. But I think most people keep them for pets these days

Back
Top Bottom