Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

Pics
I couldn’t help myself and just candled my 18 Ameraucana eggs from Gypsy Hen. They are on day 3. I’m beside myself with excitement. Out of the 18, 12 have obvious veining and development!! 4 are too dark and I can’t tell yet. And 2 I’m guessing are clears but won’t toss until day 7. So so happy.
I nearly ordered from Gypsey Hen (I think we were looking for the same things on another thread?) Did you get marans eggs from them too? Considering how garbage my marans eggs look I kind of wish I had. I was also expecting to get some ameraucana (or EE, or amer crosses), and didn't get a single one. :(

During my youtube search for a cheapie incubator, theres a 48 one like the janoel 48, that has LED lights in every egg slot. I thought brilliant! Quick candling... then I realized it was in the pointy end of the egg so I din't think it'd be great

That sounds amazing though. Would be great to be able to leave them in!

Too many chickens over here... anyone need some cockerels :p

If by need you mean for my tummy then yes. I feel bad having to cull my roosters but I only have space for 4 roosters. So my 6 month old rooster or cockerel has been caught and will be processed by next week or so. Gonna try to give him tons of protein filled treats til then.

Back
Top Bottom