Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

When the countdown goes to single digits....who knew I'd get so worked up about a countdown?!?!?!?

84723636_498437554195374_1091844161964867584_n.jpg

Can you tag me when you do? I do dry hatch only so I have a lot of experience with it. First hatch I did, I used distilled water and it was a huge fail. Every hatch from that fail has been solely dry nothing else. I went from a 60% hatch rate to 90%. I'm doing duck eggs right now dry hatching, they're doing amazing.
I would definitely follow that!!

Well, I have done my day-five weeding - 8 out of 10 Ayam Cemani eggs are good, but only 10 out of 24 Silkies.

I did a dry hatch on my two previous clutches in my older Nurture Right 360, which held very nicely at 30% and my air sacks were straight on, but this batch is in my new NR360, and it is holding too low at 18%.

I don't add any water at all. Problem solved on too much or too little water šŸ˜ dry hatching isn't for everyone, but it works for me. I don't have to stress about humidity or anything. I just let my eggs do their thing.

So even during lockdown?? What is your normal air humidity is it high? We usually can get about 20% humidity just with the normal air up here but always worry it isn't enough for lockdown.

So even during lockdown?? What is your normal air humidity is it high? We usually can get about 20% humidity just with the normal air up here but always worry it isn't enough for lockdown.
We get between 18% to 40% humidity it depends what the weather is doing. Usually it stays in the 20s or 30s.

When eggs start externally pipping they release humidity into the bator and our humidity gets to about 45-50% all on its own just from external pips.

We get between 18% to 40% humidity it depends what the weather is doing. Usually it stays in the 20s or 30s.

When eggs start externally pipping they release humidity into the bator and our humidity gets to about 45-50% all on its own just from external pips.
I will have to try this I always worry about opening the hatcher if there is a problem since it will drop the humidity. If you do it this way you don't have to lockdown. I always wondered because I've seen my broodies stand up when their eggs are hatching to move the eggs a bit or do something and they never seem to have problems hatching anything lol. :confused:

I will have to try this I always worry about opening the hatcher if there is a problem since it will drop the humidity. If you do it this way you don't have to lockdown. I always wondered because I've seen my broodies stand up when their eggs are hatching to move the eggs a bit or do something and they never seem to have problems hatching anything lol. :confused:
I think that eggs are designed to create the environment that they need from beginning to end. I think us humans tend to take things and overthink them when we really don't have to. We are a species that overthinks everything. A chicken just sits on the egg and the egg does its own thing, the only thing it can't do is provide itself heat.

Back
Top Bottom