Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

Not sure if I shared this one yet but it just hatched

IMG_20200311_112005.jpg

I definitely would take it out because my chicks start eating within the first day even though they say you are okay for up to three days, I would take it out.

If you don't have any external pips, you can candle all of the eggs and see where they are at. The only time you don't want to keep opening up the incubator is if you have external pips (This is my advice for those that I do not know how long they've been hatching/incubating)

That being said I opened up my incubator probably 20 times yesterday and I had several external pips. I did not have any shrink wrapping or anything that's because my humidity in my incubator is the same as my humidity in my house. I dry hatch... This is another reason why I like dry hatching with my incubator, but I don't suggest everyone doing it.
Introducing Uno!
20200311_132840~2.jpg

Still not all the way fluffy but safely tucked in the brooder with food and water. My husband showed him where the water and food were. My husband also informed me that should none of the others hatch we can get some baby ducklings...and maybe some chicks if he doesn't go to the store to chaperone me

Oh my gosh guys. 💔 I decided to candle the remaining eggs. So many DIS. 😭 So so many. Ugh. I hate shipped eggs. Most of them were malpositioned. 1 was my second wrong end pipper. I decided to help it, but it was gone. Another was pipped, but must have gotten rolled because the pip was underneath it and seemed like it suffocated. Ugh. Another is a malposition that’s hanging on by a thread. I think it’s going to pass. There are still blood vessels on the membrane so I’m leaving it. 4 were DIS malpositions without internal pips. One was internally pipped and then seemed to turn the wrong way after it internally pipped and died. And then there is my lone happy story. It was pipped but I hadn’t seen it because it was rolled underneath the egg. It had started to zip and got stuck. I finished the zip and it pushed out a couple mins later. So that’s it. My Gypsy Hen hatch is over. 25 eggs in, 11 chicks out. 3 of which are BBS Ameraucanas. One of which is blue and I’m sure it’ll be a rooster. 🙄

Oh my gosh guys. 💔 I decided to candle the remaining eggs. So many DIS. 😭 So so many. Ugh. I hate shipped eggs. Most of them were malpositioned. 1 was my second wrong end pipper. I decided to help it, but it was gone. Another was pipped, but must have gotten rolled because the pip was underneath it and seemed like it suffocated. Ugh. Another is a malposition that’s hanging on by a thread. I think it’s going to pass. There are still blood vessels on the membrane so I’m leaving it. 4 were DIS malpositions without internal pips. One was internally pipped and then seemed to turn the wrong way after it internally pipped and died. And then there is my lone happy story. It was pipped but I hadn’t seen it because it was rolled underneath the egg. It had started to zip and got stuck. I finished the zip and it pushed out a couple mins later. So that’s it. My Gypsy Hen hatch is over. 25 eggs in, 11 chicks out. 3 of which are BBS Ameraucanas. One of which is blue and I’m sure it’ll be a rooster. 🙄

If I didn’t have 2 dozen eggs on my counter to set, and 2 dozen on the way, I think I’d take a break for a while. Rough week.

If I didn’t have 2 dozen eggs on my counter to set, and 2 dozen on the way, I think I’d take a break for a while. Rough week.

:hugs:hugs:hugs So sorry it has been such a rough hatch! It's hit or miss with shipped eggs, it has nothing to do with anything you did.

Back
Top Bottom