Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

I'm baking 22 to eggs at the moment. Have two incubators going, one with 12 eggs and the other with 10. I think I messed up big time on the first one with 12 eggs, Forgot to replace the lid after airing them and then I forgot to plug the turner back in. (I should be in incubator jail for doing that, I've probably killed them! ) The second incubator is my backup plan. So maybe something will hatch on the 21 of March and if not, the other batch is due on the 30th....will report back, if I belong in jail..lol
@Erba I didn't know you were hatching!! I do hope it'll work out for you after all!!! Mine should be hatching around that date as well... Day 21 is Saturday ...but so far they have always started hatching on day 19 and 20... some on the 21st. This time only 11... I had one quitter.

Four more pips, an EE, another Ameraucana, a frizzle OE, and a side-pipped Sebrights/Mille Fleur mix. I thought yesterday's second pip, Ameraucana, was starting to zip. But now I think the chick pecked at it.
I want to pull the chick and clean it up, but will have to patiently wait until another hatches. It isn't loud, and it isn't playing soccer with the other eggs, fortunately.
20200312_100506.jpg

I did some early candling on my “overflow” eggs in my homemade styro bator, 3/4 are developing for sure, hard to say with the other silkie egg but they’re also 2 days behind the Icelandic’s so I’m not terribly concerned. Also both suppliers were kind enough to give me an extra egg each so even if a couple are clears it really doesn’t matter. :p

not a fan of how porous the second one is (below) but it was clean and it’s developing so I’m giving it a shot. 🤷🏼‍♀️

BA340367-3A33-4E94-9449-EDE484B2AA74.jpeg
D69A9DE4-792E-47E9-82C9-0E5896910346.jpeg

So my mother in law came for a visit and candled my eggs for me... we're down to 4 possibles. The one I was most hopeful about quit fully formed :hit now my husband has taken pity on me and we're off to the farm supply to buy babies to keep our lone Uno company.

:hugs I'm sorry! At least your husband is quick thinking! I hope that the new little fluffers make you feel better.

Back
Top Bottom