Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

Thank you all for your support. Unfortunately we had to put Uno down. :hit:hit:hitWe got home with the new babies and they didn't want anything to do with him and pecked him when he'd get close. I picked him up to check to make sure he's ok and notice he had poop stuck around his tummy. I tried to clean it off and his organs fell out in my hands. I started bawling my husband had to put him down for me. I have no hope for the four remaining eggs in the incubator after the experience with Uno. Again I thank all of you for your understanding and support I hope and pray for happy healthy safe hatches for all those still going strong :hugs

Thank you all for your support. Unfortunately we had to put Uno down. :hit:hit:hitWe got home with the new babies and they didn't want anything to do with him and pecked him when he'd get close. I picked him up to check to make sure he's ok and notice he had poop stuck around his tummy. I tried to clean it off and his organs fell out in my hands. I started bawling my husband had to put him down for me. I have no hope for the four remaining eggs in the incubator after the experience with Uno. Again I thank all of you for your understanding and support I hope and pray for happy healthy safe hatches for all those still going strong :hugs
I am so sorry. :( :hugs

Wow, I cannot even imagine! I am so sorry for the loss of your little peep 💗💗💗

So my cayuga eggs came in! They obviously will be hatching in April, not March, but I'm just so excited!

They are resting round side up in an egg carton right now. All of the shells looked great, but one has a bit of a loose air cell and most of them are saddled, some worse than others. One looks to have a loose chalaza. Opinions about how long to rest them? They were gathered on Sunday. If I set them on the 14th I can do the EHAL but I'm not sure I want to wait that long to set them. Thoughts?

*the ones with stars should give me black eggs if they hatch, make it to adulthood, and are female lol.
IMG_20200312_131632_772.jpg

ETA: they were individually wrapped in bubble wrap and then nestled in the polyfil, I just set them up like this for a pic.

Omg nooo that’s so awful. I’m so sorry for your loss and that you had to go through that. 😭💔

That's terrible, I'm so sorry!!!! Note to self: don't try to clean off that scab on the marans chick with the herniated navel!

Oh my goodness, I'm so very sorry for that traumatic experience for you. I want to cry just thinking about it! :hugs :hugs :hugs

Back
Top Bottom