Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

Yes I’ll keep it if it’s male hopefully even if it’s male it’s a nice one because it’s temperament is so sweet even though I know that can change. I plan on keeping little foot and the two blue silkies I got they both have vaulted skulls and are the result one of silkie hens mom being blue so I’m so surprised I got two my laying hens and rooster are all black silkies. Little foot is a golden Sebright I think.
My silkies and bantams are mixed in with regular chickens though honestly what does that mean if my bantam and silkies mate with a regular chicken? I have Wyandottes and an Orpington. I also have a very tiny grey bantam I forgot what she’s called so it’s possible little foot is her baby because she’s smaller than the sebrights. She’s also very very sweet..

I have a hen that is a cross with an EE and a bantam Frizzle and she's not little, lol, so it's a toss up with genetics I guess. She's one of my favorite hens and the one in my avatar!

I have a hen that is a cross with an EE and a bantam Frizzle and she's not little, lol, so it's a toss up with genetics I guess. She's one of my favorite hens and the one in my avatar!
Haha just wondering what would happen if I tried the other girls eggs! She looks adorable
Another external goose pip wow guess I’m doing better w goose eggs :/.

Woke up to 4 pips! :celebrate :jumpy

IMG_20200325_075311703.jpg

Haha just wondering what would happen if I tried the other girls eggs! She looks adorable
Another external goose pip wow guess I’m doing better w goose eggs :/.

Goslings are sooo slow so don't panic if they take forever to hatch now that your seeing pips. I finally have 3 of 4 goslings hatched and the 4th looks like it still has a good bit of work to do before hatching, lol. Good luck on your goose hatch!

This is her on the right, next to a standard EE and a Leghorn. lol, Definitely not small and she lays a large egg too.

4-13-19 (24).JPG

i have heard that is a good way to determine things. I’m bad at math so that gives me a bit of anxiety but I am considering it although I do have a lot of eggs. Thank you I will most likely try that you’re right

I’m happy to help you out. I’m horrible at math too and was able to do it once I wrapped my head around it. I’ll find an article for you today at some point.

Figured I would do one last update for March. On day 45 today and was trying to get the emu eggs to wiggle, almost desperately, this evening. The first egg I tried for about 5 minutes, when I went to put it back in the incubator I had moved my hand too fast. It jolted the egg a bit, but I felt something. That something that I felt was sloshing. Of liquid.

Needless to say, I tested all of the eggs this way after I felt that. They’re all liquid. I haven’t opened them up and won’t until Saturday. But they’re no good.

Happy hatching everyone! Your baby fluffy butts are adorable.

I’m taking a break for a bit. Too much negative stuff has happened since the start of the year. Going to regroup and try again later.

@ShannonsChimkens Oh no! I’m so sorry, if that is the case. How frustrating. My heart hurts for you! The time, energy, and attachment that goes into this is just overwhelming. 💔 😢

Just in case there are any developing, you might drill a safety hole after day 52. Last time I did that the non-developing egg went cold pretty quickly, and the other stayed warm where the baby was laying.

If it goes how you’re thinking, and you decide to try again... I can recommend someone to get eggs from. (Reasonably priced!) I have also heard of people adapting and using a NR 360 to incubate. I have one that I can lend you, if you want to try it.

Ugh. Big hug to you.

Back
Top Bottom