Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

Here's my last March baby. Little duckling was out of his shell this morning.
20200327_130556.jpg

A20F9655-3EAB-4CBC-8D4D-289D102CA448.png
Kermit has hatched him/herself out while I was at work! I went home at lunch because this is the one that had pipped on the opposite side of the air cell and needed a bit of help, and it was looking good when I got there so I left it. Then I checked on my camera and ta-dah! Lol. No clue on color or anything at this point, there was some yellow down sticking out the pip hole but no clue on the rest. Haha. will take a better pic when I get home.

Final hatch total. Out of 2Jubilee Orpingtons, One out, one halfway out. Emu... 4 eggs. A didn’t develop, as suspected. B and C hatched. D ruptured his umbilical or something similar. Blood everywhere, he didn’t survive. :hit

Have you ever tried to vent sex an emu? Omg. I don’t ever need to spend that much time trying to grab and pry and poke at anything’s butt ever again. :barnie:gigI think C is a boy, and B a girl. Wouldn’t put money on it, but I didn’t see any boy parts on B lol.

Final hatch total. Out of 2Jubilee Orpingtons, One out, one halfway out. Emu... 4 eggs. A didn’t develop, as suspected. B and C hatched. D ruptured his umbilical or something similar. Blood everywhere, he didn’t survive. :hit

Have you ever tried to vent sex an emu? Omg. I don’t ever need to spend that much time trying to grab and pry and poke at anything’s butt ever again. :barnie:gigI think C is a boy, and B a girl. Wouldn’t put money on it, but I didn’t see any boy parts on B lol.

So sorry about D, that would be traumatic! :hugs After watching so many failed attempts at hatching emus, 2 out of 4 is great!!

Poor little thing! 😟 I bet that was tough to deal with.

You have two healthies though. No one will have to be alone either. The lady we’re getting the emus from sexes her chicks when they’re born. I’m sure if you explore enough in there you can figure it out lol

Back
Top Bottom