Titled head?

KyKyMarie77

Songster
Dec 5, 2020
So I recently got a batch of 7 silkie chicks, but a few seem to have a couple problems. They came from healthy stock, and they were hatched in an incubator. *I was not the one who hatched them* One of the I originally thought had splayed leg but upon further investigation found out it was split tendon. I put him in a little cast to prohibit more movement that would cause more pain, but he had already given up by then and I just couldn’t save him.
Secondly, which is the one the post is about, has a titled head. It can straighten it fine, but it likes to be like this and it won’t straighten out. Only the paints seem to have any problems(only crooked toe plus the two above). I’m not sure if maybe they were on different sides of the incubator or something, but all of the partridge mixes are perfectly good except for the one who randomly runs backwards, but she’s a crazy one.
anyways here is a pic of the baby chick, and I will attach a link with the video .
3986626F-3005-4F8C-B062-AAF96921D1C5.jpeg

Wry neck presents in many different forms and intensity. Walking backward is one. Silkies are especially prone to wry neck after hatching.

It's easy to treat. In fact, I'd just treat all the chicks by sprinkling vitamin E 400iu oil on some finely minced boiled egg and let them all eat it for a few days or until the ones with symptoms have straightened out.

Wry neck presents in many different forms and intensity. Walking backward is one. Silkies are especially prone to wry neck after hatching.

It's easy to treat. In fact, I'd just treat all the chicks by sprinkling vitamin E 400iu oil on some finely minced boiled egg and let them all eat it for a few days or until the ones with symptoms have straightened out.
Thank you so much! Do you think the partridge that walks backwards could have it as well then? And where could I get vitamin E 400iu oil?

Back
Top Bottom