1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Tnn x serama

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by plecostrum, Sep 10, 2011.

1. plecostrum

plecostrum Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2010
    ENGLAND UK
    I would like to know what would happen?

I have 3 bantam naked neck hen - all beetle black/slight choc
    And I can get a White serama cock of a friend

But what would be the outcome lolol

2. bigb-71

bigb-71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    please don't do it .
    Quote:

3. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:
    Why cant he do it? I would.

4. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    ignore the nay-sayers.

If you do the cross, at least half of the chicks will be naked neck. If you want to continue the naked neck, it is dominant which means you will need to use at least one naked neck parent each generation. The chicks without naked necks will not have the gene at all, it is gone in them. So if you want them to be more serama looking, take the naked neck crosses and breed them back to pure seramas. Pretty easy. If someone does this and gets good serama type with naked neck I would be interested!

Seramas supposedly are crazy as for color genetics, no real way to predict what the colors will be.

5. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:Seramas arent crazy. but I agree with you as far as the rest... if people didnt experiment, we wouldnt get any new breeds.

6. Kev

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    I meant the color genetics not their personality. They apparently have several color or pattern genes not present in most other breeds & colors of chicks being unpredictable or variable even if the parents were similar in color. At least it seems that way from skimming comments on this breed.. or have they been figured out yet?

7. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:Oh okay lol sorry I thought you meant personality crazy! xD

8. Kev

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    I'd go personality crazy for a good naked neck serama! [​IMG]

9. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:lol that would be a sight!! I know a friend of mine got a hen in that was missing her neck feathers
    LAURA IM STEALING A PHOTO!
    This is Zoomummzy's hen Brigette without her neck feathers! she has neck feathers now though! she's a Curly Serama! xD

[​IMG]

10. Kev

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    Sooo close, yet so far from perfection... [​IMG] She is cute though.. and seems really tiny..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by