9 Years
May 6, 2010
ENGLAND UK
I would like to know what would happen?

I have 3 bantam naked neck hen - all beetle black/slight choc
And I can get a White serama cock of a friend

But what would be the outcome lolol

ignore the nay-sayers.

If you do the cross, at least half of the chicks will be naked neck. If you want to continue the naked neck, it is dominant which means you will need to use at least one naked neck parent each generation. The chicks without naked necks will not have the gene at all, it is gone in them. So if you want them to be more serama looking, take the naked neck crosses and breed them back to pure seramas. Pretty easy. If someone does this and gets good serama type with naked neck I would be interested!

Seramas supposedly are crazy as for color genetics, no real way to predict what the colors will be.

I meant the color genetics not their personality. They apparently have several color or pattern genes not present in most other breeds & colors of chicks being unpredictable or variable even if the parents were similar in color. At least it seems that way from skimming comments on this breed.. or have they been figured out yet?

I'd go personality crazy for a good naked neck serama!
lol.png

Quote:
lol that would be a sight!! I know a friend of mine got a hen in that was missing her neck feathers
LAURA IM STEALING A PHOTO!
This is Zoomummzy's hen Brigette without her neck feathers! she has neck feathers now though! she's a Curly Serama! xD

311105_271177299566858_218704118147510_1086619_61362133_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom