Cochin x naked neck

so is their anyway I can get an outcome of a purebred naked Cochin?
Youd have to breed the f1 naked neck cochins cross to you pure cochin. Then you could breed the f2s (f1 x cochin) together and back cross to your pure cochin and so on. You would want to keep birds that are the most cochin look a like.
Are you wanting to also have your birds breed true?

so is their anyway I can get an outcome of a purebred naked Cochin?

By definition, you can't get a pure cochin through mixing. If, however, you'd like to start a project on this, you'll need many pure coaching to constantly breed with your mixes. You'll eventually get to a bird that looks like a cochin, but has a naked neck. This is quite a simplified version of putting this, however. You could eventually end up with something that is very high in cochin percentage, but never 100%

Youd have to breed the f1 naked neck cochins cross to you pure cochin. Then you could breed the f2s (f1 x cochin) together and back cross to your pure cochin and so on. You would want to keep birds that are the most cochin look a like.
Are you wanting to also have your birds breed true?
Yes! I’m trying to get Mille fleur naked neck Cochins, but I’ll be happy with any nn cochin.

By definition, you can't get a pure cochin through mixing. If, however, you'd like to start a project on this, you'll need many pure coaching to constantly breed with your mixes. You'll eventually get to a bird that looks like a cochin, but has a naked neck. This is quite a simplified version of putting this, however. You could eventually end up with something that is very high in cochin percentage, but never 100%
Thank you I now have an understanding on how I’ll how it’s this, helped a lot!

Back
Top Bottom