To be a rooster, to not be a rooster, that is the question...

I'll post more pics in a few weeks, when she gets older, might help with ID'ing better. But either BJG mix or BSL make the most sense so far.

Last edited:
Would there be a noticeable difference between BJG pullets at 9 weeks of age compared to other breed pullets of the same age? Or would sizes generally be similar for some time to come??

Jersey Giants do grow slower than many, and should be on the large size generally. However, hatchery JGs will likely vary in size a lot; mine certainly did! This is not a complaint, and the two smaller hens that I kept, who were Australorp sized, lived to be ten years old and were wonderful.
Mary

Jersey Giants do grow slower than many, and should be on the large size generally. However, hatchery JGs will likely vary in size a lot; mine certainly did! This is not a complaint, and the two smaller hens that I kept, who were Australorp sized, lived to be ten years old and were wonderful.
Mary

Ten years is a good lifespan! But exactly how varied in size were they? Right now Tan Beak is the same size as the other 3 BJGs and only a bit smaller than our week older ISA Brown pullets.

Back
Top Bottom