To buy or not to buy?

colada584

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 15, 2010
Gardiner, NY
So I got the okay from DH to order new baby chicks. I currently have 7 20 week olds and 6 12 week olds. Should I get more babies or just be happy with the ones I have til next spring? Hmmmm.......such a hard decision. I have a 10x10 coop and many many acres for free ranging so space isn't a problem. Just can't decide if I want to do the babies again. What's everyones vote? to buy or not to buy?!?

ohhhhh, buy, buy, buy
wee.gif
or get an incubator and get totally addicted
hide.gif
. I guess the way I look at it, is that if I buy them now they will be laying by next spring, which is the best time for them to lay. the temps are right and they get the most light.

It depends on how much you liked the brooder stage I guess. I didn't really like that part because ours had to be inside the house (no real barn) so I would wait until next year, enjoy what you already have. And you won't be able to put them all together until they are all feathered out, do you have enough space for that?

But I started with 18 chickens right off the bat so who am I to talk?

I'm getting more chickens but it's warm down here til December. Go ahead and get a few more! My problem is not space but getting the coops built. I've built 7 and am working on 8 which will be the last one.

Back
Top Bottom