To Dye or NOT to Dye,...THAT is the Question,...

Could always go with the Natalie Portman/Sinead O'Connor look.

nm_portman_ssv_.jpg

I started coloring my hair when I realized that I had more greay hair than my mother ! I use Clairol Natural Instincts. My hair is actually in great shape now and roots are not quite so noticable with this brand of hair color.

I did not live close to home and the family had not even noticed that I was graying. Last summer, my mother informed me that when I started going through "the change" my hair would start graying. I was 51 then, I have been coloring my hair for 20+ years. She was shocked !

I use a color that is very close to my natural hair color.

But, like others have said... Your hair is your hair, and if you do like to color your hair, go for it ! If you think you don't need to dye your hair, that is perfectly fine, too.

hugs.gif

I am 54 and have never dyed my hair. My kids from time to time will tell me I should dye it but I just don't want to start. I know once I do it will be another thing to pay for and keep up with.

5 years ago I had chemo and the gray hair was the first to fall out and the last to come back. After chemo I am just glad to have hair no matter the color.

Susan

I am 52 and I color my hair. I have it done by a reputable and skilled colorist it never looks fried.It looks beautiful. It's expensive and I probably can't afford it but it is a luxury I won't soon give up. I don't want to look old, tired, and washed out if I don't have to.

I'm 45 and have a full, full, full head of dark brown hair. It's turning white like my dad's and it gets trimmed every 4 weeks.

If I dyed it (which I did for 2 yrs) I would have to do it once a month!
barnie.gif

Besides the cost, I also hate the feel of hair color on my hair!
idunno.gif

Do what makes YOU happy!

To each his own !

I dye mine. Dying makes my hair LESS unruly, though.
And I feel better when it's dyed. The dull iron grays made me look washed out and ill even when I had a tan! I tried letting it all grow out and the look and feel of it made me blue. So DH said go back to dying it. I'm close to the color my hair was in my 20's, and I like it. I do mine every 6 weeks since mine is slow to grow and only the grays look out of place. I do it at home, so it's not that expensive.

If mine was a pretty silvery gray, I'd probably leave it alone. I'm usually a lazy no make-up no fussing kind of person. But my grays are dark & coarse, and the damage done by dying them actually works in my favor. Go figure!

Just a old rooster's opinion but I find women with natural hair much more appealing. When I see a woman with obviously colored hair my first thought is "who does she think she is kidding"? One advantage to my being older is the ever increasing number of attractive women I see. No matter their age, if they are smiling and seem comfortable with themselves they are beautiful. Be proud of who you are.

Opa, if it's done right it's not obvious. Anyway, I am not trying to kid anyone. I proudly state my age.I just want to look my best because that is how I feel my best. It's no different than putting on a pretty dress or a pair of sparkly earrings.It's fun, and it's harmless. I am going to celebrate my femininity until the day I die.

my hair started getting patches of gray back in my early twenties. I havn't done it at all this year, but I have been known to brush in some hair dye (same color as my natural) from time to time to lessen the effect.

Quote:
What charity is in charge of the donation? LofL will take dyed hair so long as it hasn't been *lightened* It can be dyed a darker colour & as long as it's in good health they'll take it. They will not take hair treated with peroxide or ion any other way lightened. I've given twice to LofL & both times my hair was dyed, but it was not lightened.

Back
Top Bottom