To help or not help a zipped egg

I find pipping to zipping takes forever, but zipping never takes more than a few hours unless theres a problem. also, sometimes the don't exactly zip...they make it halfway and just make the hole bigger and bigger but don't progress, thats when I step in. For some reason they're not zipping properly and its taking too long...they can't get turned around or something. Go with your gut! I'm not that experienced so don't really listen to me...but thats been my true experience.

i had two late hatchers that has started to zip. one was farther along but stopped. i have told myself that i wasn't going to help but i had to try. it had it's intestines on the outside of it's body so i had to cull. my first hatch i helped a couple and 2 did really well and 2 did not and died later. i have one more that has started to zip but stopped. how is yours doing??

Well its alive, peeping a whole lot but still not moving around much. i took her out and put her in the brooder with the other chick but she cant seem to walk, she struggles to stand on her feet..her feet dont look quite right..Im debating putting chick shoes on her to see if it helps...not sure yet...
Im so bummed out that I only got 2 chicks and they both got issues with their feet..Im wondering if that is trait passed down or because they were shipped eggs? Any input?

I got them from someone on here, fay at frizzled feathers. She seem to have a good reputation from what Ive read..

Somebody just suggested poli vi sol, have you ever heard of it and would you recommend it..I dont even know where to find it

i've heard of it but i'm not sure where to get it. you could try pedia lite too. might help. is the foot curled? i know some people make a "shoe" to help that. i haven't had to tho. i'm sure that if you got the eggs from someone here that has a good rep that the problem isn't from breeding but maybe contact them and ask for advice. they may have some info or insight from raising their own eggs that we won't have. let them know what happened and let them know the kind of incubator and temps and humidity and they may have some suggestions for you. i have bought a lot of eggs from folks here andthey were very helpful. let us know how it goes

Back
Top Bottom