to high temperature in incubator

Quote:
Bad idea to me, Ok to use before throwing eggs out.

No need to check at this stage, if at day 21 they dont hatch. then check them.

Biggest Mistakes newbe make. is all the checking and adjusting during incubation. 2 checks at day 7& 14 for chicken eggs

I disagree. I can't wait to try it. I wouldn't throw the eggs out based on the test, but it would be interesting to see if it is accurate.

Just a thought ....

If they are alive and healthy, they will hatch.

If they are not, they won't.

Not sure how sticking them in water changes this, and there are some attendant risks.

just sayin'

Oh how I wish they would all hatch if they are alive and healthy at day 17 or 18!!! That's not the case for most of us. I've had many, many alive and healthy at day 17 or 18 and then either pip and not hatch or never pip. I know that there are times that there is a birth defect, but many times there is nothing noticeable that kept them from hatching....except they didn't!
sad.png

I do agree that I'm not sure that the "swimming" test would help me make any decisions about whether to take them out of the bator. I'm gonna give a try...I don't think the risks are that great by that time. I'd be particularly interested in trying the ones that I see veins but no movement by day 18. I would use cooled down, boiled water to ensure no bacteria.

Quote:
Let us know how it goes
smile.png

Many times, I get the feeling that people misunderstand humidity, why it is necessary, and what is the effect.

I genuinely suspect that problems in the last 3 days might be caused by improper humidity in the first 18.

It might be worth trying using "weight loss" instead of humidity to see if hatch rates improve.

Take a look here and see if any of this is useful

hth

Back
Top Bottom