To Honor Lost Ones

Awwwww, this thread is going to be absolutely brilliant, I just know it!

I lost one of the most amazing chickens I could have asked for last year...... my dear Blueberry, such a lovely rooster. He died of what we think was a heart attack..... :( it was all our fault too... :( :( :( :(

Awwwww, this thread is going to be absolutely brilliant, I just know it!

I lost one of the most amazing chickens I could have asked for last year...... my dear Blueberry, such a lovely rooster. He died of what we think was a heart attack..... :( it was all our fault too... :( :( :( :(
I am so sorry to hear that! Do you have any photos of Blueberry?

here's the first one i "lost":

the kids named him "cocky". cocky was one of 6 hens i bought last year when we got into this mess. if'n cocky had been able to keep his mouth shut he'd still be with us. but alas...i had to take him and a hen out to a buddy's ranch where he could crow to his heart's content.

a ring-tail cat or coon got him the first night. the hen made it 4 nights.

: (

here's the first one we lost out of our yard:

the kids left the back gate open while the burds were free-ranging during the day and a pit-bull mix type dog got in there and carried her off. i found her a block over all broken up so i wrung her neck quick-like to put her out of her misery and brought her home for the kids to pluck and gut.

we ate her 2 nights later...tasted good, but a little tough.

i found the owner of the dog and he was cited for at-large activity. he was lucky i didn't catch the dog in the act and couldn't find it after the fact...i'd have had not a single qualm about letting the air out of it.

Last edited:
here's the first one i "lost":

the kids named him "cocky". cocky was one of 6 hens i bought last year when we got into this mess. if'n cocky had been able to keep his mouth shut he'd still be with us. but alas...i had to take him and a hen out to a buddy's ranch where he could crow to his heart's content.

a ring-tail cat or coon got him the first night. the hen made it 4 nights.

: (

here's the first one we lost out of our yard:

the kids left the back gate open while the burds were free-ranging during the day and a pit-bull mix type dog got in there and carried her off. i found her a block over all broken up so i wrung her neck quick-like to put her out of her misery and brought her home for the kids to pluck and gut.

we ate her 2 nights later...tasted good, but a little tough.

i found the owner of the dog and he was cited for at-large activity. he was lucky i didn't catch the dog in the act and couldn't find it after the fact...i'd have had not a singe qualm about letting the air out of it.
I am so sorry to hear that. It sounds so sad.

Back
Top Bottom