To paint or not to paint- that is the question?

Nov 7, 2021
Lyric's World
The front of our hoop coop is butt ugly. I am wondering are there any cons to painting all the wood parts? Actually I purchased two cans of brown spray paint (to kinda go with the camo tarp). After seeing it on the wood I was like "ahh" nothing to write home about. It is certainly a far cry from the mental picture I "had" of my coop (can you say one of those coops that look like a little house, with windows, a mock porch, with chair, window box with plants; blah, blah, blah).

And, if I paint, what color? Should I stay with boring brown (because of the camo tarp)? The other tarp is all plain brown. I thought that might be better as far as aerial preditors. Plus, this was the tap recommended with the hoop coop building instructions that we received.

As far as wood is concerned there is the door and he has slats (or whatever you call 'em beside the door on the inside). I am assuming I would paint that to match. Any advice would be appreciated. Gonna go fetch some pics of the door for reference. Thanks yaw'll.

TIA,

Lyric

Attachments

• 20221214_161852.jpg
    20221214_161852.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
  • 20221214_161814.jpg
    20221214_161814.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
Well, I like the brown; it looks rustic. But if you don't then paint it what you like. If you go for something wild and crazy - bright colors, maybe many bright colors, I think the tarps would fade into the background. I think it would work.

Medium colors would probably do the same. Pastels, probably not so much.

It would take more imagination than I have to get it to look like a cottage, though. A hobbit hole type theme might be more doable.

Well, I like the brown; it looks rustic. But if you don't then paint it what you like. If you go for something wild and crazy - bright colors, maybe many bright colors, I think the tarps would fade into the background. I think it would work.

Medium colors would probably do the same. Pastels, probably not so much.

It would take more imagination than I have to get it to look like a cottage, though. A hobbit hole type theme might be more doable.
I agree with brown. One day perhaps for the next coop I can do cutesy. Thanks. :love

Back
Top Bottom