To those with kids and having to remove stickers from doors...

silkiechicken

Staff PhD
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Jan 25, 2007
Everett WA/Corvallis OR
So... About 10-15 years ago when I was little, I firmly placed a few thousand stickers all over the door... rather... anything with an adhesive backing, be it a stamp, a "I Voted!" sticker, to dino's, are now still on my door. Is there anyway to remove these? The adhesive is now firmly dry and picking isn't working out so well. Shall I just give up, sand it down, and repaint it at this point?

wet the door. blow dry and the stickers will become loose.. i think that ither mineral sperits or nail polish romover helps... csrape off... and i it dosent work then sand it down.

Try that stuff called Goo Gone. It's an oil that loosens adhesive. You can get it just about anywhere.

Or buy a new door!
lau.gif

I used to have a spray bottle of something.I think it is called "Goo Gone" it's orange and in a bottle like windex. It's for removing adhesive.

Cassandra

LOL chickaroo, you posted one minute before me.
smile.png

Last edited:
GooGone Goo Gone GooGone!!

(that's just fun to say)

That stuff works miracles! You can get it in the hardware aisle at walmart, I do believe, or at any home improvement store.

You just put some on a cotton ball and wipe over the sticker and wait a few min and it will scrape right off and not leave a mark on the finish, usually.

We used to use that all the time in the office when we'd get tape or similar stuck onto the expensive bank office furniture and it worked like a charm everytime!

OK....great minds are thinking alike tonight...that's 3 votes googone, 0 votes sanding/repainting!

Last edited:
You could also try rubbing alcohol. We use those little squares they use in the hospitals that are in foil wrappers, they work great for getting really stuck on band aids and gauze with tape off and remove all the gooey marks as well. Maybe vegetable oil might work too.

You could try WD-40 or fingernail polish remover, but probably anything you try to remove adhesive with, will probably also remove paint.
idunno.gif

I used to work in a book store and the old owner would use lighter fluid that you fill in those old butane lighters...but I'd suggest Goo Gone...because the lighter fluid is highly flammable!
somad.gif
Wouldn't want you to burn the house down!!
clap.gif

* I LOVE "De-Solv-It" which Wal-Mart USED to carry, but, they've recently bailed on-- It is 1OO% Orange Oil-- unlike Goo-Gone, which has petroleum distillates in it. You can get it at ACE Hardware now. . . or o/l.

Back
Top Bottom