To wash or not to wash...eggs

i never wash either, AND i leave them on the counter. i only refrigerate if i know they won't be consumed or given away within a week.

to all the lucky recipients of my girls butt products, i tell them they're not washed and that they don't need to wash them unless they're making eggnog or using the eggs raw.

I never wash them (unless pooed on) and I tell my customers that. I tell them they should wash their hands after handling the eggs instead. Thats what I do and they are fine with that.

Freshness means more to me and my customers.

nope your not full of hot air.Not washing them keeps them fresher longer.I wash them right before coking though.
wink.png
jumpy.gif
D.gif

Our eggs do not get wash regardless, if they are going out the door or for us to eat. I wash them just before I cook. If say one decides to lay outside of the nest box, say in a bunch of poo, then i will wash it.

I just started getting eggs from my chicks and the first ones had poo or stuff on them. More recently (I've added straw) they've all come in clean so I just put them in the fridge. I only wash them if they look, well . . .unapealling.

Awesome! I showed this to my friend and he just rolled his eyes. I, of course, KNEW he would but...it was the principle!
roll.png

Thanks for all your feedback...good to know I am not the only one! LOL!

Peace-

Pedro
big_smile.png

I read you should not wash the other person is right about the flora but, if it is needed wash or rub with damp towel and coat lightly with oil to protect the shell, basicaslly adding back a sort of flora.

Gotta love our chickens.......................................

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I'm so glad you posted this question because I wondered the same thing! I wash mine before I eat them or give them away.

How long can they sit on the counter unwashed? When I give them to family, I tell them they have to be refrigerated because they are washed, but I leave mine sit out.

Back
Top Bottom