Toad Raising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
How can I get my hands on some Toads. I would love to raise 50-75 of them come spring, I have been looking all over for an alternative to CX, and the only answer I get is "Raise Freedom Rangers" which I have raised but was not impressed by, these Toads seem perfect for my needs.

Good luck there are not 50 toads in the whole world at this point. I think I have about 20 right now.

They are slowly being spread around.

you get both rangers and cx.. feed them 10-20 min 2x a day and make them free range....keep the smallest cx pullet and breed her to a ranger.. first gen is frogs and 2nd gen is toads
talked about somewhere in this thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/896158/first-run-of-cornish-cross-meat-birds-and-super-excited

Both are correct!!! I used the Dixie Rainbow, which is equivalent to the Rangers I think and should give you the same results.

I am now distributing eggs in Minnesota. I might have gotten ahead of myself on the toad egg post. The toads have slowed down on egg production. However, I think I got a toad pullet egg today so that would mean another has started laying!!
thumbsup.gif

How can I get my hands on some Toads. I would love to raise 50-75 of them come spring, I have been looking all over for an alternative to CX, and the only answer I get is "Raise Freedom Rangers" which I have raised but was not impressed by, these Toads seem perfect for my needs.
Welp hatchery has a slow grow broiler that might work for you.

Very interested in these toads. Sustainable meat birds is a very laudable goal. I've been disappointed with freedom Rangers; toads could be the alternative. I'm in western WI when you're ready to branch out, but I'm not NPIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom