Today all I really need is a hug...

bt03

Songster
8 Years
Mar 1, 2011
Over the rainbow...
So DH decides it is best to move to a new house. We are currently living with my dad because of the economy and so that we are able to keep all of my "silly farm pets". Dad's house sits on 11 acres and him and my mother divorced when I was seven. Almost 20 years later when we had no place to go because of DH job my father was the only one willing to help, so very humbled we moved in with him. The house that we were trying to get into before my dad's suddenly came open and DH wants to move, so for some crazy reason I agree. Well we are going from no household bills besides personal ones, groceries and repair supplies for my dad's (the house is almost 90 years old so we have been updating wiring, plumbing and such for him because he needed the help) we haven't had to deal with water, gas, light or rent for 6 months to having to do it all again.

After work yesterday I went to the house to check out a few things with the landlord and make sure everything was going okay with the little things that needed to be done. When I went home there was a bear in my bed. He was the grumpiest thing I had ever seen! The landlord had asked me to pick up a couple things in town so that he could fix a couple holes in the walls that the previous tenants had left so I told my bear that I needed to go to town and he got up and grumbled all the way to the car and all the way to Home Depot and all the way home. He was so grumpy that for the first time ever me and DD had to walk behind him because neither of us wanted to be near him. He blew her off when she asked for a piggy back ride and it really hurt her feelings. She tells me the best part about finally having a dad is getting piggy back rides so when he blows her off it hurts her and makes her think that she did something wrong.

I made supper for all of us kind of late (almost 9) and that didnt go over very well either. DD's bed time is at 9 so she got to stay up and the bear was a little more grumpy. When she finally went to bed she looked so tiny because she felt tiny. I read her a story, tucked her in and gave her the biggest hug I could hoping it would make things better for her. DH said he didn't want to talk about what was bothering him and went to bed without a kiss or another word.

This morning I found a bear in DD's bed too!!! I woke her up 10 minutes late and the world was coming to an end because of it. She was determined that she was going to be late for school and she couldn't find her brush so her hair was a mess but my brush hurts so there went that idea. There was still a bear in my bed that didn't want to wake up & got very upset about the little light that I needed so that i could do my hair for work. The water hose was frozen so giving everyone fresh water this morning was very out of the question, the older hens were picking on my two favorite younger hens just because they came out of their hiding spot for a little bit of love from me, the pretty white pekins were covered in mud but a frozen hose means no water in the pool, the dog peed on the carpet for some odd reason, I can't find my cat and the big bosses from the capitol are scoping out the offices on the day that I put on a stained blouse because it was to dark in my room to know what I was putting on. I think I'm going to go for a good cry on my break so that I can get it all out of my system and try again.

Thanks for letting me vent. It helps a lot

You need a hug and some weight off your shoulders too!
hugs.gif
got it!

Last edited:
First,
hugs.gif

Second, tell DH that he can either discuss what is bothering him, or stop acting like a jerk. It's not fair on your, or, more especially, your daughter, for him to act that way with no explanation.

Third, if he's still acting like a jerk when you wake up tomorrow morning, open the blinds wide, turn all the lights on, and leave them on when you go out. It's time for bears to come out of hibernation.

Fourth,
hugs.gif

hugs.gif
I think it is time to have a sit down with the bear and find out what is going on. I would not move out of dad's house with the way everything is going in the economy. I am sorry you are having a hard time. But it is time to kick the bear in the butt and tell him to knock it off. There is no reason ever to hurt a child. My DH adopted my 2 girls and my oldest is a Daddy's girl I told him no matter how mad you are don't break her heart and he never has. I hope your day get better. good luck.

So sorry Hon
hugs.gif

If DH is not working right now, then why are you going home after a long day and work and cooking dinner??? Marriage is about two people pitching in to make things work. Sounds to me like it's all on you for some reason right now....
hmm.png

Advice from someone who's been there:

Life is way too short to not turn on the light when you need it.

Do not follow the bear into the cave. If you come upon a bear, just turn around and leave it alone.

Explain the rules about bears to your daughter.

That's pretty much it...

Ok so I couldn't wait for my break to have a good cry you guys are so wonderful that I had to have a good cry at my desk and I do feel better now. I really am going to have to have a long talk with him and sfw2 if he is still a bear in the morning I am doing as you suggest and not worry about him because I have to up earlier and to work earlier than he does. teach1rusl, DH is working but you are right. I work, take care of the household chores, take care of my flocks, cook, and take care of DD mostly on my own. It should be a partnership and he should be helping with a lot of it, especially the raising of DD because he married me but I came as a package deal. i am always in awww of everyone here and I am so thankful I have y'all as friends. Great I'm crying again!

Back
Top Bottom