Today at Lowe's......

Melabella

Crowing
8 Years
Jun 2, 2011
I scored THE most amazing cardboard brooder box! I wish I had this thing 8 weeks ago when they were flying like crazy out of that silly one I bought from the website I bought the chicks from. They had 10 of them all lined up in the Garden Section holding all the pumpkins and gourds ready for the fall season! One was nearly empty, and I asked to talk to the Nursury manager. I put on my nicest smile, (which was difficult today), and explained how this is the perfect box to raise my next batch of little chicks, as the sides are the strongest cardboard, and just the right height. He told me his grandmother raised chickens, and am thankful she did, as he was sympathetic to my cause. He asked me to come back in a few days when the box would be emptied, and he would put it aside for me. He said they usually use the boxes to hold more garbage as they are huge, and hold a lot.

So, if you guys are near a Lowe's.. run down there and see if you can score on of them. They are six sided, and make a huge play yard fo the chicks. I can't wait to get it, and put it up in the attic until spring!

wee.gif

YeaH!
MB

Congratulations on your score! It's so much fun to find something unexpected that can be put to a practical purpose.
smile.png

Chicky,

Thanks for the happy congrats.... it's the small things in life that make my day latetly!

Back
Top Bottom