Today is day 18!!! I will have 8 silkie chicks on the 10th!!!!!!! YAY!

i had doubts about his color too. but these are my first silkies and my first chickens. what color do you think he might be? i was thinking splash. 3 of the eggs are supposed to be splash and 5 are supposed to be white so maybe they just got his color mixed up with one of the other eggs. his color was marked on the egg though. so i don't know. another one of the eggs has a small crack and the chicks beak is sticking out. she is rocking, ALOT! this is supposed to be a white chick so i am going to compare them and see if they are the same. ill put pics of the hatching chick once she's out.

He looks a lot like my self blue did as babies, but if you are supposed to have splash too I bet that is what he is.
smile.png
He is a little doll whatever color.
smile.png

i know he is so adorable. he is a little pecker though! lol. i was supposed to have blue splash so she probably just got the egg color mixed up. i have a supposed to be white hatching right now also. so well see.

That's a light blue or a splash not white. At that coloring it would be really hard to tell at this point. The lighter splashes tend to be paler gray almost white, kind of shadowy colored.

Most of my Sizzle group were blues or splash. The breeder will know for sure whether that's one of her blues or splashes.

somad.gif
SILKIES ARE EVIL
somad.gif

Must see more pictures ! Must see more pictures !

From that picture I would say light blue or splash. and chances are if you have blue and splash. you might have black too. but that one is not black.

My first ever hatch were silkie crosses, I loved them but unfortunately I did not get to keep them.

Silkeis ! SilKies ! Silkies !

They have claimed another victim !

pictures ?

If you have not noticed Silkies will make you crazy, but "don't worry you are just as sane as I am ".

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom