Today is hatch day and temp went to 140!!!!!

Shannoniganshens

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 25, 2010
West TX
So I've hatched chicks dang near every month, all winter, and this is my first trouble, hatching is today, but, I just checked the temp and it was at 140!!!!!! I don't know what happened, I've got it back to normal, did this cook everyone? I'm not going to remove them, just kind of worried now. No one has hatched, moved or made a sound, it wasn't this temp this morning at 7 and I have no idea how long it has been that high!!!! Any comforting stories are welcome
smile.png

Hova Bator , fan, the thermometer is the one that came it, mercury filled on some plastic, today is hatch day or tonight is. holds 30 eggs, only have 24 in there. It's done good these last months, I don't know what happened?

lau.gif
gig.gif
104, I should let everyone know, I can say a word backwards perfect also, I am dyslexic ,
smack.gif
sorry about that everyone , I did put a normal take your temperature thermometer in just a little and it read 99.9 ..................I don't know if that is really trust worthy for a reading, but it did kind of ease my mind as to what was going on in there, temp had gone back to 104, I'm going with the chicks are making this happen, it will be 100% hatch
duc.gif
and they will all wake me at 3 in the morning chirping away. I know, such a dreamer.
jumpy.gif

Quote:
Oh my goodness!! I was sitting here thinking "How is the bator not melted?!?!!?!"
lau.gif
.... 104 for a short period of time will not usually harm the chicks as it takes a few hours for the internal temp of the egg to get to that temp.. 140 on the other hand, WHOA!!!! Ummm.... I'm not even going to try that one..
lau.gif

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom