Today it finally happened!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by LOST Chick Heather, Dec 30, 2010.

1. LOST Chick Heather

LOST Chick Heather Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2010
    I have been sleeping in the past couple days. Haven't gotten out to let the girls out and replace their frozen water until 7:30ish. I let them out as usual, and peeked into the nestboxes from the window in front of them. Nothing, and one was missing its golfball [​IMG][​IMG] I then opened up the side door and replaced their water and what did I find on the floor in the corner of the coop but this gorgeous olive-green egg on the floor: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...727738590898_1161433413_1886367_8317245_n.jpg

Clearly, it was from one of the EEs-I think Sun, since she has been squatting for weeks now. Although Penelope did start squatting last weekend. And Eloise was acting batty yesterday in the run, but who knows, who cares its my FIRST EGG EVA!!!! They are 28 weeks and 3 days old today....

Seriously this was the best thing to wake up to today. So awesome. Good size egg, nice, hard shell and great color! Can't wait to see what color the other 3 EEs give! [​IMG]

Heather-in Central MA

2. GwenDellAnno

GwenDellAnno Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2009
    Water Valley, AB
    Sweet!! That first one is always such a surprise and such a gift!!

3. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    [​IMG] Congrats on your first egg!

4. akcharlie1960

akcharlie1960 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    Chugiak, Alaska
    When I read the golf ball was missing I thought they might be out putting in the run.[​IMG]

5. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    Way cool! Now if you can get them to move the egg operation to the nest box youll be in mint.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by