Toddlers are Quackers

I'm sick as a dog, both kids are finally asleep, my medicine has kicked in (so cough has died down a bit), and my husband has half a dozen errands to run today (his grandmother died last night), and I just want to go back to sleep while I can, but DANG IT, I have to take care of the chickens...

grouse mutter gripe complain

Edit: Taking care of them has re-invigorated the cough.
sorry you are sick and the loss of a family member :hugs i hope the kids behave and are helpful for you :hugs

I'm sick as a dog, both kids are finally asleep, my medicine has kicked in (so cough has died down a bit), and my husband has half a dozen errands to run today (his grandmother died last night), and I just want to go back to sleep while I can, but DANG IT, I have to take care of the chickens...

grouse mutter gripe complain

Edit: Taking care of them has re-invigorated the cough.
Sorry for his loss, and your illness. Hope you get better soon!

He said "goodbye" over a year ago, and visited her again in November, and both kids got to meet her. She was put on hospice a few days ago. She was with family, who were singing her favorite songs to her - it was as nice as death can be. They've got the date set for late this week (better than trying to get absolute last minute tickets.) Worst part is her son-in-law died last month, and her daughter is stuck overseas dealing with the details of his death. Which is sad, but not unexpected (he had "could be 2 weeks, could be 6 months" prognosis - and he got all of it, she had a "surprised if she makes it through the winter" prognosis.)

I WAS able to get back to sleep, and slept a good 3 hours (the cat and youngest child took turns sleeping on my chest.)

Duckling’s new bedding on her “new” bed. I’m sure she will like it.
DE38B200-ECDB-4898-BED0-BF3640349351.jpeg

I don’t think I told you guys. I spent Christmas Day and New Years (when everyone actually got together) alone waiting on that swing set. The guy apparently sold it to someone else at the literal last minute.
If you look online, a new set is as little as $69. I admit I’m lost as to what to aim for. A similar set of another brand is a lot more.
3BD8DCBE-4614-4C5F-AA0A-C52723C7ADD9.jpeg BD2F0B79-BE3B-422D-9F95-657C87910D50.jpeg

I don’t think I told you guys. I spent Christmas Day and New Years (when everyone actually got together) alone waiting on that swing set. The guy apparently sold it to someone else at the literal last minute.
If you look online, a new set is as little as $69. I admit I’m lost as to what to aim for. A similar set of another brand is a lot more.
View attachment 1243690 View attachment 1243691
I wonder what gauge metal they are made of. Try to compare that. Heavier will naturally last longer!

I just checked the descriptions again. They changed the descriptions to have less information. Before I remember them both saying each set could hold 110 pounds per piece of equipment. Even that is gone.

Back
Top Bottom