Toddlers are Quackers

Duckling told me to put away her potty. She doesn’t need it as a step stool anymore. I don’t like padded toilet seats, but I’ll be getting one. Duckling currently uses a toddler squishy seat. If I can stop cleaning that a million times a day (in case any urine got on it), I’ll be very happy. She will too. When she really has to go, she hates having to put her seat on. Sometimes she will just sit without it, but she likes the squishy!
I will have to keep her seat around for BM’s. She can’t hold herself up that long.

IMG_20180218_135916321.jpg
it's been snowing for days. Even the horse pasture is looking rather buried.
Greetings from Montana!

I grew up when you stayed out until the street lights came on. Then it was time for supper. You were never alone because everyone was outside playing. Your parents “kinda” knew where you were. I was almost kidnapped in my front yard, so we had to be found without too many houses being checked.
Today we can’t do that. You can be arrested for neglect if you let your children play in the yard. However...
Another 11-yr-old was brought across state lines by an adult she met online. Guess what? I don’t think he should be arrested. Nope! This stuff happens too much. Start arresting the parents of the teens that were neglecting their children inside.
One family had a professional try to lure their older daughter online, and she took the bait. After a big lecture, videos etc. her little sister (then 14) did it too. I mean, she even went along after seeing it was a grown man.
But the 11-yr-old in question was doing voice chats on the computer, and talking to the guy for months LONG DISTANCE. How do you not hear the conversations? How did you miss the calls on the phone bill?! I blame the parents on this one.
And the “she’s lucky to be alive” stuff? Yes, it could happen. But they seem to be trying to add drama (and too much trauma) to the situation.
I saw where a sixth grader (I may have posted it last week) that went to school where I did committed suicide. Her mother knew that she had been bullied online for months, but never took away her phone. Instead of taking the blame for being a stupid parent, she sued the principal. :th
Weigh in if you want. Agree or disagree with me. I won’t argue with you.

I stayed out until the lightning bugs lit up. My parents had a vague idea where i was. I played in the woods, in streams. I rode my bike to the shopping center.
Now things are different. People have to be more vigilant. Adults need to watch the children because children are too naiive to protect themselves.

Point being, I’m done with the stupid potty! :celebrate
It will be putting it on the front porch this summer though. The bathroom is too far when you’re playing outside.
Yay!!! i kept one on the porch and i kept one in the back of my car

:hugs
Please tell me how you reacted. I never knew how.
make them help clean it up, but dont yell, just tell them it belongs in the potty not on the floor -"wet spots on the floor are slippery. How would you like it if you slipped and fell in someones pee therefore soaking it up with your clothes

yeah, i wouldnt like it either."

lol :hugs good morning

Yay!!! i kept one on the porch and i kept one in the back of my car

make them help clean it up, but dont yell, just tell them it belongs in the potty not on the floor -"wet spots on the floor are slippery. How would you like it if you slipped and fell in someones pee therefore soaking it up with your clothes

yeah, i wouldnt like it either."

lol :hugs good morning
Yeah, my parents kept a potty in the van too. I would if I drove.
I had her clean up the pee the first time, and she made a bigger mess. The second time she stood there with a blank look on her face. I mean it was crazy! Not only that she peed intentionally, but to suddenly stand there staring at me with her mouth slightly open, acting like she couldn’t grasp the idea when I told her to wipe up the floor.
So glad she’s past that.

Back
Top Bottom