lvn80

In the Brooder
May 20, 2022
Hi everyone

I found a wound on one of my girls toes at the beginning of April. I'm not sure what happened but I cleaned it, applied polysporin and bandaged it. Over the course of a week I was able to remove a scab and then it started to get progressively worse. It developed a small blood blister which I lanced, and it has now turned black and I presume the skin is dead. I did give her a weeks course of antibiotics and pain meds initially as she was really favoring the leg, holding it up. She still seems very bothered by it despite me treating it for over a month. I change the bandage every other day, applying either polysporin or chlorhexidine ointment and the injured area is padded under the bandage, but I'm just not seeing any change.

Poor girl can't catch a break as I am also treating a bumblefoot infection on a toe on her opposite foot. I feel so sorry for her and just wish I could make it better, or at least see some improvement. I would love to know if anyone else has dealt with such a strange wound before or if anyone has any suggestions despite what I am currently doing? Very much appreciated!

The first photo is when I first started treating it on April 8th.
The second photo is from May 9th.
The third photo is from May 15th.

Attachments

• IMG_0802.JPG
    IMG_0802.JPG
    438.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1026.JPG
    IMG_1026.JPG
    257.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1069.JPG
    IMG_1069.JPG
    367 KB · Views: 2