Tolbunt Polish

It's hard to tell from the pics, but the male's crest looks a little small. How old are they?

I noticed that about his crest. I know tolbunt is recessive, so if I breed this new rooster I found to my hen, and then breed one of their female offspring back to the original tolbunr rooster, would I still get tolbunts while increasing their crest size?

Anyone want to see the most pathetic looking chicken ever?

The other chickens pick on this poor fellow, pulling out his tail and crest feathers. It's a sad sight. But, today it was sort of drizzling, and the chickens didn't come in. So, now he's got only 3 tail feathers, half a crest, and is soaked! XD

Aww he looks like he needs some TLC.
After I put them inside, he stayed in for the rest of the day. He was all nice and dried out by the time I closed them in for the night. I don't know what to do about the feather plucking, though. I'm hoping that when he gets to be a full grown rooster, they won't pick on him anymore. (I think he's a boy, anyway, right now I'm not sure)

I noticed that about his crest. I know tolbunt is recessive, so if I breed this new rooster I found to my hen, and then breed one of their female offspring back to the original tolbunr rooster, would I still get tolbunts while increasing their crest size?

Tolbunt X Tolbunt will allways produce 100% Tolbunts, but who is this rooster you posted? He has a nice crest, but not a Tolbunt.

Ok maybe someone can shed some light on this for me. i want some polish chickens.

So first of i noticed in looking at pics there are two different looking crests, my assumption is Rooster have the long, softer thinner feathers that look like albert einstein and the hens have the wider stiffer feathers that look like old school hats for their crests. Is this correct?

Also what is the difference geneticlly between

Candy Corn
Tolbunt
Crele

i can obviously see the color difference but where do those colors come from?
Like breed Tolbunt x Crele = candy corn??? lmao

Just trying to educate a bit before i decide on what to get.

Back in July I incubated two tolbunt eggs . Only one hatched and I really did not want a Roo but , now that I have him I wouldn't trade him for the world, he is SO friendly! I posted some baby pics a while back but here he is now all grown up. LOVE him!

Last edited:

Don't breed that rooster to Tolbunts, you'll be making a genetic mess, & it will take years of selective breeding to get anywhere near the Tolbunt pattern again.

His crest size isn't worth the headache it would be trying to breed away from unwanted genes.

Ok maybe someone can shed some light on this for me. i want some polish chickens.

So first of i noticed in looking at pics there are two different looking crests, my assumption is Rooster have the long, softer thinner feathers that look like albert einstein and the hens have the wider stiffer feathers that look like old school hats for their crests. Is this correct?

Correct.

Also what is the difference geneticlly between

Candy Corn
Tolbunt
Crele

i can obviously see the color difference but where do those colors come from?
Like breed Tolbunt x Crele = candy corn??? lmao

Tolbunt is gold lacing with mottling.
(True) Crele is barred partridge or BBR. The "Crele" Polish out there are a project, in many different stages of completion, most not based on partridge or BBR...
Candy Corn is... well, it's another "project color". Basically a genetics hodge podge with lacing and barring, and who knows what else.

Tolbunts shouldn't be bred to either "variety". IMO.

Just trying to educate a bit before i decide on what to get.

Back
Top Bottom