Tolbunt Polish

Quote:
Can you tell us more detail about the original importation such as timing and country of origin? Thanks for your helpful comments.

Not sure when the first were imported or by who truthfully, but I know the majority of what came here came out of England as eggs. Would have most likely been at the turn of the century (early 2000's). (and as a side note...so cool to be able to say things like "at the turn of the century!"). The color originated if I recall in Germany, but even that is a little fuzzy. Some say it was an accidental cross that bred mostly true, others say it was the result of a plan to try and make mille fluer Polish that was only half way completed. Myself and some others suspect there is actually Houdan blood in the mix, but we have no physical proof to back this up, only circumstantial evidence.

Personally would have to agree on the Houdan Blood being used in tolbunts. I thought about it & it only made sence to me,
starting out with a bird that already had mottleing .

If I do any color projects it will probably be Porcaline or silver or golden barred polish .

I have no plans on making tolbunt polish.

Josh what do you thinkg of my golden laced polish bantams? I'd really like your opinion, especially on the young cockerel. There is just something about him that I like not sure why. Maybe because he is darker shade of gold. should he be used in my breedings ???
He is still young maybe about 5 months old, so he still has some filling out to do.

he is darker in person than in the pic.

12005_p3210554.jpg

12005_p3210570.jpg
12005_p3210557.jpg

12005_p3210555.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Those Tolbunt Wyandottes are AWESOME
ep.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif

Thanks I just thought tolbunt color was a millie color pattern or a red mottled splash color.

Josh,

he's lacking lacing in the head, hackle and beard. with the rest of the body being so laced it makes the bird look unbalanced. just remember, by the bantam standard the cocks need only a black v tip on the hackles, saddles, and shoulders...although I breed for a bird with as much lacing as possible. I'd say use him. If you have a hen that is well laced in the beard, use her with him. the frizzle hen, in my opinion, is much too light.

And Tollbunt wyandottes are awesome, but remember, tollbunt in wyandotte is not the same exact pattern as tollbunt in polish. just like how silver lace polish and silver lace wyandottes are different.

Quote:
I'd recommend gold lace polish to cross to him. You could start your own line of tollbunt Polish bantams
cool.png

That would be just too cool - but what about the 5th toe on the houdan? How long would that take to breed out?

Quote:
I'd recommend gold lace polish to cross to him. You could start your own line of tollbunt Polish bantams
cool.png

That would be just too cool - but what about the 5th toe on the houdan? How long would that take to breed out?

I'm not sure...I wouldn't think it could take more than a few generations...

Back
Top Bottom