Tolbunt Polish

Could someone please tell me what colors I could get crossing a candy corn roo over a golden laced hen? Someone is selling them as a pair but I am not sure how they will cross? Here are some photos of the birds they sent.

So a Gold laced polish roo over tolbunt hens will not give the 50/50 split on offspring?

No.

All of your F1 gen will hatch and appear to be Gold Laced. All of them will also be split to/recessively carrying 1 copy of the mottling gene. Some birds may express faint mottling, but will not be "truly" Mottled, as they need 2 copies of the gene to be pure.

That said, you can breed those birds together and/or breed the resulting cockerels to their Tolbunt mothers to produce pure Tolbunts in the next generation.

I just got a shipment of 6 tolbunt chicks and will only be keeping 1 of them! I think I might even have a frizzle roo... but too early to tell for sure. If anyone is interested in adding a tolbunt or two to your flock let me know!! I am in California.

Attachments

• IMG_0974.JPG
    IMG_0974.JPG
    248.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0980.JPG
    IMG_0980.JPG
    300.1 KB · Views: 20
I just got a shipment of 6 tolbunt chicks and will only be keeping 1 of them! I think I might even have a frizzle roo... but too early to tell for sure. If anyone is interested in adding a tolbunt or two to your flock let me know!! I am in California.

Awe... so cute! I know its been a few months... or a year... but do you still have extra Tolbunts? :)
If so, what area of CA are you in? Huge fan of the breed and color but only have one!
Here's my peep at 6-7 wks.

Tolbunt Polish Chick Sour Crop and Crooked Toes.JPG

Below: 8 wks
funny-chicken-polish-crested-meme.JPG

Last edited:
I'm suspecting my peep to be a he... thought it was a she because the crest was pretty round... but beginning to part in the middle and the saddles are looking' pretty pointy.
Any thoughts?

Also, anybody in Oregon or CA with Tolbunts for sale? :)
If it's a he, he'll need at least one tolbunt lady too. :D

Pics are 8-9 wks of age. No wattle development but this peep had heavily bearded parents so I'm not expecting anything to show in that area.

polish-chicken-tolbunt.JPG

tolbunt-polish-chicken-chicks.JPG

tolbunt-polish.JPG

polish-tolbunt-chicken.JPG

tolbunt-poult-chicken-polish.JPG

10 week Update for those who are interested in the outcome:
He's definitely a cockerel. Long, pointy saddle feathers, very pointed crest/hackle feathers, reddening around the beak (though I have yet to see a comb behind such a hair-do) and a crest that is beginning to part in the middle and flow out to each side... even though it was round and mushroomy before.

I purchased him with crooked toes (hence the electrical tape splints). However, even though I didn't get him until 6 wks (which is very late for correcting crooked toes), his toes are straightening out surprisingly well (as one might observe from looking at his toes in the last post vs this one).

tolbunt-polish-cockerel-9-10-weeks.JPG

tolbunt-polish-cockerel-chick-chicken-poult-9-10-weeks.JPG

polish-cockerel-9-10-weeks-chicken.JPG

polish-chicken-cockerel-9-10-weeks.JPG

polish-tolbunt-cockerel-chicken-9-10-weeks.JPG

Back
Top Bottom