Toltrazuril 5 percent dosage for peafowl for coccidiosis

Have you seen this article?
Safely Administering Oral Medications to All Poultry and Waterfowl

How to Safely Administer Oral Medications to Poultry and Waterfowl Many medications are more effective when given orally instead of in the water, especially when a bird is ill because an ill bird is unlikely to drink enough medicated water. The oral administration of liquid medications in...

How to Safely Administer Oral Medications to Poultry and Waterfowl Many medications are more effective when given orally instead of in the water, especially when a bird is ill because an ill bird is unlikely to drink enough medicated water. The oral administration of liquid medications in...
Yes. I don't think I can handle doing that to 7 birds for 3 days in a row. You would have to syringe me some tranqs. Lol

Yes, you can put it in something they will definitely eat.

When I worm or give something like a probiotic I mix it in a wet mash for them to share. I make enough so that one or two don't eat it all too quickly but not so much that there will be any left over after a couple of hours.

My Toltrazuril is water soluble but if it was like yours, I would prefer to do them individually. The correct dosage is important. 6 birds is not too many so it would be worthwhile if you can. You can put each bird's dose into something small enough that they can eat it in one go. If you're using bread, cut the bread into small pieces that they can just pick up and swallow. If you have a separate area to section them off it will make it easier to ensure each piece goes to the intended bird.

Yes, you can put it in something they will definitely eat.

When I worm or give something like a probiotic I mix it in a wet mash for them to share. I make enough so that one or two don't eat it all too quickly but not so much that there will be any left over after a couple of hours.

My Toltrazuril is water soluble but if it was like yours, I would prefer to do them individually. The correct dosage is important. 6 birds is not too many so it would be worthwhile if you can. You can put each bird's dose into something small enough that they can eat it in one go. If you're using bread, cut the bread into small pieces that they can just pick up and swallow. If you have a separate area to section them off it will make it easier to ensure each piece goes to the intended bird.
Yes that is what I do when I worm them with safeguard. I put it in eggs individually. One of the birds can taste it and won't eat the mixture.
But I was thinking orally would be down the throat. Can't do that. And I was afraid to mix it in eggs or bread. Actually that was my second question. Thankyou both for helping me.

Thankyou Kathy I will one day try to learn how to do that. I'm going to see if I can get it on some food. But I guess I will have to weight each one to get the correct dosage? Nothing's easy I guess.

Yes that is what I do when I worm them with safeguard. I put it in eggs individually. One of the birds can taste it and won't eat the mixture.
But I was thinking orally would be down the throat. Can't do that. And I was afraid to mix it in eggs or bread. Actually that was my second question. Thankyou both for helping me.
If you're used to doing that, that sounds like the best way to go. Make sure you observe each bird eating the correct amount. Maybe leave the fussy one until last in case you need to change your approach for that one.

If you're used to doing that, that sounds like the best way to go. Make sure you observe each bird eating the correct amount. Maybe leave the fussy one until last in case you need to change your approach for that on

I give the 5% stuff orally at 20 mg/kg.

Math per pound:
1 / 2.2 x 20 / 50 = 0.18 ml per pound once daily for 2-3 days.
I'm still learning how to post on this site. I wanted to copy what casportpony's dosage she gave me earlier.
So if I'm getting this correctly I would have to weight each bird and give them 0.18 ml per pound of body weight on a piece of bread for 2-3 days?

But I guess I will have to weight each one to get the correct dosage? Nothing's easy I guess.
Yes, you will need to weigh them. Do you have a good way to do that?

I use a large scale that I can put in the entrance way between one of their sheds and the aviary. That way, they can't get in or out without stepping on it. I have it connected to my laptop with bluetooth so I can sit outside the aviary and watch who steps on it and then read the weights off the laptop. It has worked really well.

Yes, you will need to weigh them. Do you have a good way to do that?

I use a large scale that I can put in the entrance way between one of their sheds and the aviary. That way, they can't get in or out without stepping on it. I have it connected to my laptop with bluetooth so I can sit outside the aviary and watch who steps on it and then read the weights off the laptop. It has worked really well.
Wow No I'm a "tech phob" if that's what they call someone who never used Bluetooth. Lol I will try and figure something out. Otherwise I'm just going to buy the Pantacox and mix it in water. And unfortunately I will probably be back asking about the dosage for that because I also don't have a memory.lol
Thankyou so much for everyone's help. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have this web site and you nice people.

Back
Top Bottom