Tom standing in an 'awkward' position

MillersFarm

Easily distracted by Chickens
5 Years
Jun 3, 2016
Lewiston NY
Around 6:14 AM I went outside to do my daily chores. After feeding my goats and horses I noticed my half wild tom strutting around the yard. I Love turkeys and love to see them fan out and gobble So I walked over to him and sat down to watch with my broad breasted hen Dorthy sitting next to me like a dog. I noticed that the tom kind of slouched over with his tail and wings completely down as though he was trying to 'mate' but with nothing to breed with. and as soon as he did that Dorthy went over to him and started bossing him around 'growling' at him, Puffing up with her head up, and chasing him around. What does this mean? Is he just 'practicing' or something like that? Besides that he's perfectly normal.Oh he is also over 8 months old I believe.

Around 6:14 AM I went outside to do my daily chores. After feeding my goats and horses I noticed my half wild tom strutting around the yard. I Love turkeys and love to see them fan out and gobble So I walked over to him and sat down to watch with my broad breasted hen Dorthy sitting next to me like a dog. I noticed that the tom kind of slouched over with his tail and wings completely down as though he was trying to 'mate' but with nothing to breed with. and as soon as he did that Dorthy went over to him and started bossing him around 'growling' at him, Puffing up with her head up, and chasing him around. What does this mean? Is he just 'practicing' or something like that? Besides that he's perfectly normal.Oh he is also over 8 months old I believe.
This is normal behavior. Your tom was masturbating.

Back
Top Bottom