Tomorrow is the Big Day .. ** TWO IS HERE **

fl.gif
Puppies yet?

Okay, you have to let me know how Abbey is doing. I do hope everything is going smoothly. I hope she has had them and is resting comfortably. PLEASE PLEASE when you get a minute let me know.
wink.png

We think Abbey is holding out till she sees Santa Paws !! - took her to the vet late yesterday - almost at closing time - those little ones are really moving in there must be playing tag or something ??? vet did not do an x-ray but did an ultrasound to check for heart beats he heard what sounded like 2-3 but there was an echo going on and that could be a puppy hiding behind another one so really hard to tell - he says we are looking good and she seems right on track - told us to go home put on a pot of coffee and wait a few more days
barnie.gif

Abbey is healthy and young and eating good - so he thinks when she does decide to have the pups everything will go smoothly and they will be healthy babies - might be small in size since Abbey is a small framed girl.

So sorry no puppy's yet but you all are welcome to join me with a pot of coffee looks like we are still waiting for Miss Abbey to put the finishing touches on these pups.

Julie

Glad to hear that she is doing good. A couple things I wanted to make sure of. Does she have any discharge that is green? Did your vet "check" her to make sure a pup was not stuck? Is she having contractions? Just wondering because I sure learned alot from my Abby this past time.

I know how you are feeling right now Crazy, back in August my dog who was just a year was pregnant, and I counted the days, and of course I called the vet, she said to just give her some time. I had to go out and line up some bales so Sausha (my Rat Terrier) went with me. I wasn't out there but maybe an hour and she went into labor. I knew we didn't have time to go to the pickup so we hitailed it into the yard. We barely got home and into the house and she delivered the first one, and within an hour she delivered the second one with some assistance ( I had to pull him), the she rested for about 3 hours and finally had the third one backwards. All were healthy pups. We did however loose one when he was about 10 weeks old. I think he choked on something out in the wood shed. I sold one and gave one to my mom. Good luck, and just be there for her when she's ready she'll let you know it.

Well so far we are still waiting -- Abbey is doing great - she is very restless - she will lay on the couch for awhile get up roll around on the floor move to another spot and lay get up roll some more etc... when she goes outside to potty she has been trying to dig a hole to lay in ( never mind that I have a nice warm bed for to have her pups in - she wants them in a dirty cold hole outside LOL )
the only discharge she has had is her mucus plug - it was a normal color had no odor.
she is not trying to push yet - and the new vet ( who we like and will most likely stay with ) did a very good job checking her over and felt no-one stuck but did let us know that the pups were in the right postion - meaning they were all heading towards the back from what he could feel - and he heard heartbeats and everything sounds/feels good - so from what it looks DH is a goober and missed counted the days.
So it really looks like Abbey is going to wait till she sees Santa Paws before having these pups. DH wants them born on his birthday which is christmas eve they it is looking he might get his wish ( maybe I wont have to get him a gift this year - just puppies LOL )
I do thank you all for your concern over Abbey - I told her there are alot of people wanting to see these babies ( hopeing the intrest would get her going- nope )
I will keep everyone updated on how this turns out.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE
Julie

Beautiful dogs, I just saw pics in your other thread. We have a female brindle boxer mix, and we just love her. Boxers are the best dogs!

lacy - you maybe waiting for puppy pics -- I am waiting for puppies LOL

Here is where we are right now-- Abbey had a check up this morning ( thank god vet is understanding LOL ) vet said Abbey is in Inactive labor -- meaning the puppies are in the birthing postion, Abbey has no energy, has no intrest in food or drink , and her temp has dropped alittle- the best guess vet could give me is between now and tomorrow night - dont think she can hold out much longer after that. Active labor would be the whole pushing and giving birth thing LOL

think I will go start another pot of coffee LOL

This waiting for puppies has caused a huge problem with me and DH - his job is having a christmas get together tomorrow - I told DH that until these pups are born I am NOT leaving this house unless I REALLY REALLY have to PERIOD ! ( beside all they are going to do is sit around get drunk and eat- that is what they do everytime they get together I dont drink so being around alot of drunks makes me feel out of place ) so now DH thinks I dont care about him and that I dont want to spend anytime with him and all I care about is sitting home waiting for these pups WELL DUH what was his first clue????
Dont get me wrong DH loves the animals but the guys at the shop have been talking about this party for a week now.

What am I supossed to do? just leave her ?

Julie

Oh no!! Dont you DARE leave her now! What if she "needs" you.....if nothing else, for you to hold her paw, and tell her its going to be ok! I DO feel for your situation....I know my DH wants me at all his work functions as well....but there are some things you just have to proiritize...and im my opinion...that pup needs you to be there, more than the drunk co workers need you there. Unless...you have to drive DH home...hmmm..will he be drinking? Can you drop him off and pick him up? Now...thats a delima!

Back
Top Bottom