Tomorrow is the day

how old are they? be interesting to see what they weigh.. mine are 8 weeks old along with my cornish x. the cornish will be on the chopping block next saturday
big_smile.png

Mine were 10 weeks - I would have kept them a week longer, but it's so hot here now - the high today is 96 and the flies are unbelievable!

We got up at 5:30 this morning and started at daylight and finished 16 birds by noon. My mom came around 9am and pitched in - she can pluck a chicken in no time flat. I haven't weighted any - I just wanted to get the job over with. What a nasty business! They are now in two ice chest and I'll package them for the freezer tomorrow. Not sure that I'll ever do this again.

Gonna give my cornishes 2 more weeks which will make them 10 weeks old. Bought these by mistake at a tsc not knowing anything about chickens when I bought them. How often is it that you get to eat your mistakes?

mine are about a month... but they are already sealing their fate (as if it werent already!)... i went in there this am with feed and they started pecking at my feet! go ahead little chickie... heh heh heh.. i'll have the last laugh....

I won the bid on the book on how to build a chicken plucker machine . . .I would happily share the book with someone, if they would like. Just pay the shipping, which shouldn't be too much . . . I can make a copy and take it in to be weighed. PM me.

Back
Top Bottom